Default 2000 Supra Wakesetter 5.7 Inmar No Start

Hey everyone! I'm new to this site and new to Supra boats. I've owned many wakeboard boats but never a Vdrive and never a fuel injected model. I'm having an issue with fuel delivery. The boat was not used for 8 months. Sat covered for those months and was winterized properly. When it was time to use it we pulled the cover off and started the ritual of cleaning and checking everything. It had a 1/4 tank left from last year so I drained the tank as a precaution. Charged the batties and changed the oil. We put fresh gas in and hooked to the water hose. The boat fired rite up and idled for just a minute or 2 and shut off. Hit the key again and it turned over great and sounded like it was about to fire but didn't. I kept trying and it continued you to the same. Spinning over and coughing every few seconds like it's on the edge of running. So after several minutes of checking and trying I finally decided to force feed it. I used a spray bottle with fresh fuel and sprayed into the intake. Just like that it fired up and purred like a kitten. As long as I kept spraying it kept running. I must say I was quite relieved to hear it run so good. After that I cracked all the fuel lines just a few turns to see if I was getting fuel to the rail. Plenty of fuel was present when I turned the key and actuated the fuel pump. So I cracked the ends of the fuel rail. Again very adequate fuel was present. I guess what I'm asking here is should I continue to the fuel injectors and on further or is there something I haven't tried or maybe overlooked. Also New Fuel pump , new fuel pressure regulator and new Spark plugs . Thanks for any advice!

You have pressure to the rail, next I think I would figure out if the injectors are actually spraying or not. Does it still occassionally cough and sputter? if so, then electrical to the injectors is probably good. If not, look for fuses that might be blown, check the EFI relay, might be able to use a stethoscope to hear if the injectors are clicking or not. I know TBI better than MPI so maybe someone else will chime in.

Check to ensure you have the correct fuel pressure at the rail with a gauge

Did you say you put a new fuel pump and regulator on it?