Default ECM wiring harness - Aftermarket?

I’m looking for an ECM wiring harness for an Indmar MEFI 5A (2007 Supra Launch 20 SSV Indmar assault 325). Does anyone know where I can get one? The closest I could find is linked below, but it is listed for a “Marine Power” engine. Are these harnesses universal for these GM type engines? Any help is appreciated!

https://marineenginedepot.com/wiring-harness-57-mefi-5a
    Last edited by IntegraRC; 08-02-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IntegraRC View Post
    I’m looking for an ECM wiring harness for an Indmar MEFI 5A (2007 Supra Launch 20 SSV Indmar assault 325). Does anyone know where I can get one? The closest I could find is linked below, but it is listed for a “Marine Power” engine. Are these harnesses universal for these GM type engines? Any help is appreciated!

https://marineenginedepot.com/wiring-harness-57-mefi-5a
    Maybe try calling Indmar Tech line?
    2018 Supra SL400

The mechanic working my boat is working with Indmar to find the part. They’re afraid it might not be in production anymore, which I think is ridiculous. I’m supposed to hear back from them today. If they stop producing it, I may have serious considerations never to buy another Indmar motor again if they decide to stop supporting after only a decade. Don’t let me down, Indmar!

I’m hoping it doesn’t come to it, but I may have to go to an aftermarket wiring harness along with an aftermarket ECM. It sucks because I already paid $950 for a new Indmar ECM!

Update

Indmar is still making the harness.. thank goodness! Although they have stopped producing some of the auxiliary harnesses. Fortunately I don’t need them (so far anyways).

For those of you that don’t have as much luck, I did find someone that would replicate these harnesses for about $1000. The price may be a bit steep, but it’s probably cheaper than any other option. Below is a link to their site. I talked with a nice fellow on the phone and it sounds like they’re easy to work with. Basically just send them the original wiring harness and they’ll replicate it.

http://technicalservicesin.com/index.php?page=contactus

I’ll post an update if the issues are resolved.

What was wrong with the original harness that was bad enough to require a complete replacement?

According to the mechanic, there were several dead wires in the harness. What started the whole ordeal was a “check transmission” warning on the heads up display. This was traced back to a bad ECM. Then the reason for the bad ECM was a short in the wiring harness. The mechanic said that probably the heat over time in the engine compartment caused the wires to become brittle.

As of today, they are still waiting for the new harness to ship in, so it still remains to be seen if the problem is completely gone.

There is a lot more heat under the hood of a car and those wires don't become brittle and short out. Can the harness be removed opened up and inspected wire by wire?

If I were doing it myself, for sure. I’m not sure if the mechanic will though. I did have my interior completely gutted and reupholstered 2 years ago, so I’m not sure if that had something to do with it.