Default 2008 22SSV sputtering

Hi all, I am having an issue with my boat. It starts and holds an Idle fine but It wont rev to over 3000 rmps. It seems a little sputtery. in neutral it will rev to about 3000 but surges lower than higher then lower. I did run it pretty low on fuel. but since I have fill it to the top with non ethanol fueal and have changed the inline fuel filter. I opened and cleaned out the fuel solenoid that had a filter screen in it so i cleaned it as well. Is there another filter within the fuel pump? HELP

That should be it but I think it’s time to check your fuel pressure and start from there. If it’s low the engine usually idles but will not perform under load.

Bad gas, fuel filter (you should have just that one inline filter), fuel pressure/pump are good places to start.

Usually most are putting in tune-up parts at the same time - plugs, cap, etc.
    2018 Supra SL400

Default Fuel Filter (INSIDE PUMP?)

on a different blog a problem with the with the same Inmar motor, I was told that there is a 40 micron filter on the inlet side of the fuel pump. It was said to remove the rubber fuel line in at the bottom of the pump and inside the metal barbed nipple there is a filter. I was told to extract and clean the filter. I have to "assume the position" to try to get to the bottom of the pump but I am not sure if this filter even exists. here is a URL with some picts that I found on line. Has anybody done this?

https://www.themalibucrew.com/index....ump-read-this/

I recall reading about a small thimble sized screen on the underside on the fuel pump on late-1990/early 2000 models. People w/o inline filters were reporting they would clog. I recall some Moombas w/o and inline filter at all. Not sure if the mid-high 2000s had them, but it can't hurt to look with the flashlight and mirror. If that is the case, it would save a few hundred dollars.

Not sure of the exact year, but they switched to have the fuel pumps in the tank later.
    2018 Supra SL400

after changing the canister fuel filter, cleaning the filter in the fuel soloniod, cleaning the fuel filter in the poppet valve I have 50 + PSI on the fuel rail. this is good.I then changes all spark plugs and the 02 sensors and cleared the codes and she is running like a champ!!!!!

Good to hear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SharkbiteDave View Post
    after changing the canister fuel filter, cleaning the filter in the fuel soloniod, cleaning the fuel filter in the poppet valve I have 50 + PSI on the fuel rail. this is good.I then changes all spark plugs and the 02 sensors and cleared the codes and she is running like a champ!!!!!
    Fill it up with gas and let her eat.

Did you have a filter on the bottom of the fuel pump?
    If so, could you take it out or just spray cleaner in there?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by SharkbiteDave View Post
    What did you use to, "Clear the codes"? I have to take mine to the dealer.
    2007 Supra 24 SSV 340 CAT
    Lake Bryan, TX