Default 1989 Supra Sunsport for Sale $12,500 - Lots of Modifications

Alright Supra Forum....

Time has come for me to list my 89 Sunsport for sale. Many of you will remember this boat as Okie Boarder's blue Sunsport. He completed one of the most highly regarded floor/stringer rebuild on this forum and did a whole bunch of other great modifications and upgrades to the boat. I have had the boat for five enjoyable, trouble-free seasons. Boat now has 1091 hrs as of today. Only reason for upgrade is I am looking at upgrading either this fall or early spring.

For some reason the forum won't let me upload photos right now. So I am just going to post links to Google drives:

Beauty Shots:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Um...wSZ4-AE0BWOjXt

Stringer / Floor rebuild job:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=18r...8hhsxoX7qPDU6-

Someone please pick up this great boat or forward to any friends you have that might be looking!!

Boat features:
    - Full Stringer and Floor Rebuild (circa 2011)
    - Interior replacement 2009 (still very good condition)
    - Aerial Wakeboard Tower
    - Monster Board Racks (2 racks, 4 boards total)
    - Hydrophase GPS Speed Control
    - Integrated Ballast system
    - Three sacks plumbed into Johnson reversible ballast puppy (800 GPH)
    - All three integrated sacks hidden (400 in bow underfloor, made possible by the stringer job, 400 under the rear seat, 400 in the rear locker
    - These bags all run off the same 800 GPH Johnson pump with waterflow directed by a valve manifold under drivers seat (see pics)
    - All bags have thru-hull overflow vents
    - Additional 4th circuit to fill a surf sack on either side
    - Three amp stereo system (cockpit, tower, sub)
    - New Kicker KMT tower speakers in spring 2019
    - Bimini cover
    - Soft boat cover (more of a dust cover, not for outdoor storage)
    - LED Lighting on trailer
    - Dual Batteries with Automatic Battery Separator

Since buying in 2015, I have made the following mods:
    Most important - installed Hydrophase Ridesteady GPS speed control
    Upgraded integrated ballast pump from Simer (400GPH) to a Johnson Ballast puppy (800GPH). Also up-sized the hose from the intake through the valve manifold from 3/4" to 1"
    New Kicker KMT tower speakers (2019)
    Replaced batteries (2019)
    New rear seat skins and cushions for the bench - HDPE bases (no wood)
    Replaced base of nose cushion back - replaced rotten wood with HDPE
    Finished wet-sand and buff on port side of boat

I hope she goes to another great family to enjoy like you have. It's weird looking through those old rebuild pics...makes my back hurt and my skin itch. LOL

Yeah me too... I was hoping to sell it to one of my good riding buddies back in KC. He spent a ton of early mornings riding on this boat. He really wanted it, but last season wound up getting a 1989 Comp for a really good deal. This year he put a ton of work into it and now it's just as good as my Sunsport. Bad timing I guess...

We made some great memories on this boat, but now time to upgrade.

I know it's the wrong brand for this forum, but Okie I'll text you some pics of our build (not yet set in stone).
    Last edited by dyost; 08-06-2019 at 08:29 PM.

Got to be some dudes out there on tight budgets looking for a great boat? Although right now interest is cheap. boat loans are long, and the overall economy is good. Dealers are pushing 2019 leftover stock with the threat of significant price increases on 2020 models.

Sign of the times I guess. Seems pricing is even more inflated that in recent years and used pricing is right up there with it. I can't tell you how many 2015-2016 Axis boats I've seen that are still asking 65-69k. Crazy, that has to be what those boats would have retailed for in 15-16. Most at that price have been fully loaded though.

I'm a little worried I'm buying a new boat at the bubble
    2020 being an election year and all things can get weird in the markets and spook people out.

Sorry to hear you are buying an Axis they started out as a entry level economy boat now they are priced right up there with the big boys .You will lose more in the first year then the selling price of your Supra. I hope it all works out for you.

So I got the Sunsport sold. A buddy of mine from KC wound up coming to pick it up. Super happy it's staying in my rider's network. I know the new owner will take exceptional care of the boat (keeping with Okie's legacy) and will probably make a lot of improvements I had on my list buy just never got around to.

Plus, added bonus I'll get to ride the ol girl when I'm back in Kansas City for work.

Michael Hunter... thanks for killing the stoke on my new purchase... jk, I actually go to pick up the new boat tomorrow.

Pretty stoked about it, wound up with a T22 built just the way we wanted it.

I did consider some Moomba's, but honestly the wake/wave and price point on the Axis is hard to beat.
    Hate to be leaving the Skier's Choice family, they really are great boats, and I really liked the guys at our local dealer here in AL.

I said I hope it all works out for you .

Glad your buddy got it.