Default 2006 8.1 Maintenance questions

Just bought a 2006 Supra 24V w/8.1 with 130hrs. and trying to find out best practices to keep it running strong. Oil - Pennzoil 40w suggested by Indmar or Synthetic -which weight? Cleaned the K&N air filter 59-5005 but is there anything larger? Bought the AC Delco spark plugs and wondering if its worth replacing the ignition wires? Thanks for any wisdom you can share.

Don't need spark plugs or wires yet . I change oil and filter every 50 hours . I use Mobil 1 15w50 in all my boats . The 15w50 is whats recommended by Mobil for both roller and flat lifter engines. I also change the trans oil every 50 hours. Don't look for problems if you don't have any . The best advice I can give anyone is If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Shell Rotella T4 15W-40 is recommended by Indmar. Same as Hunter, change fluids every 50 hours.

130 hours in an ‘06? Very nice!

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Don't look for problems if you don't have any . The best advice I can give anyone is If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    great line and sooooo true
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Don't need spark plugs or wires yet . I change oil and filter every 50 hours . I use Mobil 1 15w50 in all my boats . The 15w50 is whats recommended by Mobil for both roller and flat lifter engines. I also change the trans oil every 50 hours. Don't look for problems if you don't have any . The best advice I can give anyone is If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Good point, it is starting and running perfectly right now. Going to leave it alone until winterization and then change the oil (15w50 M1), filter, drive fluids, impeller, fuel filter, clean the throttle body, and check the plugs. Being a nearly 15 year old boat figured I'd check everything out while I'm busting knuckles this fall. New prop came today so installing that and shimming the rear bunks tonight to make sure it stays looking like a new prop.