Default 2008 Supra Launch 21V Drain Question

Hi. We are the proud new owners of a 2008 Supra Launch 21V. It is our first boat and we are thrilled with it. It has about 450 hours on it and has run perfectly all summer. I do have one question though. When I remove the drain plug on the back of the boat the water that drains out has a little bit of oil in it. I have just assumed that there might have been a little oil in there from an event of the past owner because it is an 11 year old boat and over time there could have been a little oil in the area that the drain plug on the back drains. It is not enough to discolor the water, however when it drains I can see the a little of the oil in water color on the ground. There is no oil in the water that is pumped out of the bilge pump. Also, there is no current loss of oil. Any help would be great. Thanks.
    Last edited by CDWindman; 08-16-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Could be from a bad oil change?

Could be a little leaking from the motor somewhere. But you said you are not low on oil.

If you trailer the boat, get some Dawn Soap and a garden hose down there. You should be able to get under the motor with a sponge or small brush to clean real good.

Then just tilt it back and most all water should rain out. I've used a floor jack to help it tilt.

Plus that old dirty water can get smelly down there.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I have had it leak from around my oil
    Filter a few times. Makes a heck of a mess, and man does it get
    Smelly!
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Starbrite also makes some bilge cleaners. I have never used it, but reading about it, people like it. Comes in Citrus (orange) too!! Ha Ha. Good marketing idea.
    2018 Supra SL400

As my dad always says “ a little oil makes a big mess”. I just put a few drops of Dawn in the bilge before we use the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk