Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I had a friend that was in same situation. Once he flushed the oil out of the system, he ended up fine. Replaced most of the older parts that were there for years/years, hoses, pump, impell, etc. Claims the early shut-down and tow-in helped too. Good luck.
    2018 Supra SL400

Thank you guys for the advice. I will run it tonight on the hose and see if we can get all the water out of the crankcase. Goal is to head to the lake afterwards this week to see if the raw water pump will suck. Parts from SKIDIM should be here tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

New thermostat is in and opens at about 140 to 150 and temp stays steady on the hose. The oil that was in it got changed and the fresh oil is getting drained tonight for another fill to hopefully get the rest of this water out. I only ran it long enough to get it up to temperature and observe that it didn't climb any higher for a period of time . This oil change looks better than the last so hopefully the bull is on the run. When I took the thermostat housing off to clean up the gasket surfaces I found an old piece of an impeller. The one that's in it now looks good so I know it didn't come from that one but somewhere in this boat's previous life it must have eaten one and the owner did not find all the pieces.

This evening after another oil change I was running it on the hose to get this batch hot and verify I was still ok. I noticed a hot smell, and my wife said there wasn't any water coming out of the exhaust, while checking over the area for leaks and saw the temp gauge at 160. Now I know this is a 143* thermostat and there is no way we should be that hot at idle with good cold water. So off comes the raw water pump discharge hose and I fire it back up. Guess what comes out. NOTHING! Not a drop of water. So, off comes the water pump again for inspection. This time you could clearly see that the hub had separated from the rubber. *sigh* Out with the old and in with the spare I just got and we are now discharging LOTS of water from the exhaust and she is cool all over. Ran for half an hour, probably, just waiting for the next thing to bite me in the hind end, but no problems. This oil dump had no apparent water so I'd say I'm safe there. Headed to the lake tomorrow morning. Wish me luck.

No issues today with the raw water pump, plumbing, thermostat, or oil. Boat ran good and stayed cool. I believe I will add a water pressure gauge, since I would have known as soon as we got in the water last weekend that the impeller wasn't doing its job. Thanks for all the help.

Obviously a case of , when you buy a used boat always start with a fresh impeller. Glad your motor is ok.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Some say it is overkill to replace it every year, so I thought I would just inspect and reinstall too. It certainly doesn't protect you from what you can't see between the hub and the rubber. So, I'm in the new impeller each year and the old one as a spare in the toolbox club now.