Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NO LONGER FOR SALE 1988 Supra Mariah for sale, needs work

NO LONGER FOR SALE

All pics and info can be found in this link:

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...008#post132008

Unfortunately I seem to need to rebuild my engine. I have performed multiple leak down tests (and tons of other diagnostics) and I have major exhaust leaks. I pulled the spark plugs and cranked it over and the engine shot out rusty water. The boat struggled to run properly this year and long story short, it decided not to crank over one friday afternoon. All electronics replaced last year for peace of mind... starter, solenoid, oil, cap/rotor etc and I threw in another new starter this year thinking/hoping my issue was a faulty starter. Carburetor is freshly rebuilt with 0 minutes run time. Regardless, I can barely crank this engine over by hand with a 2' breaker bar and all spark plugs removed. I have not torn the engine down because I do not have time. It is my opinion that this motor needs to be fully rebuilt or replaced with a crate engine. I believe my water jackets in the exhaust risers have rusted/rotten away, and when the engine is turned off the water backfeeds into the cylinders. Currently I do not have the time nor the desire to do so. Life is keeping me very busy.

I am heartbroken after all the work that was put into this boat to have this happen. I loved this boat for the 4 full seasons I was able to enjoy it. I know this boat isn't worth much without a running engine, but I hope someone on here may find value in it and appreciate all that has been done to make this a fun, enjoyable boat to own. I have no clue what this boat is worth in its current state, but I am willing to hear reasonable offers. If this boat remains in my possession throughout the fall and winter it will be rebuilt and either used or sold afterward. I firmly believe this boat with a brand new engine will last a very very long time and no matter what it costs to repair, you'll be tens and tens of thousands of dollars cheaper than buying new or slightly used etc.

Please email Lmnelson86 AT Gmail dotcom for more info and my phone number, I don't check here often. I would like to keep this boat, but if someone makes me an offer I can't refuse then I will let it go. Clear title for both boat and trailer. Located in New Baltimore MI.
    Last edited by lmnelson86; 05-14-2020 at 10:07 PM.

Offers welcome

I have posted this boat on my Local craigslist for $5500 obo. Trailer included.

Crate motors are as cheap as $1500 for this boat. I will likely repower this boat and use it next summer, but if someone is looking for a solid, rebuilt hull, this is your ticket. The hard work is done. Motor swap is easy. Shoot me offers on this boat and trailer package if you’re even remotely interested. Hope everyone has a Meery Christmas

You have any current pics of the boat that you can post?

The other thread is marred by Photobucket’s greed.

Either that or I need to see an eye doctor.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

I have them on my desktop, I’ll try and re-upload some pictures today, or I can email you a zip file with all the photos of the project

Spring is near, I'd like to move this boat. Its solid as a rock, just needs to be re-powered. Might get lucky and only need heads but I'd do a whole motor. Motivated seller. Very nice shore land'r trailer included. Please email me for pictures as photobucket has screwed me out of my photos.

Lmnelson86 AT gmail dot com.

Lets make a deal!

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by lmnelson86 View Post
    Crate motors are as cheap as $1500 for this boat. I will likely repower this boat and use it next summer, but if someone is looking for a solid, rebuilt hull, this is your ticket. The hard work is done. Motor swap is easy. Shoot me offers on this boat and trailer package if you’re even remotely interested. Hope everyone has a Meery Christmas
    Where can u find crate motors for 1500? Please link

Bump for a solid boat that needs a new heart. Photobucket has deleted all of my photos. I am waiting on family to email me a backup folder of additional photos and will share ASAP.

In the meantime this boat can be purchased with trailer for $4500! I will be working out of town for the next year, or likely more due to coronavirus delays and will not have the time to fix or enjoy this boat. I'd like to move it ASAP.

Attachment 19161
    IMG_2475.jpg
    IMG_2615.jpg
    IMG_1079.jpg
    IMG_1078.jpg
    Last edited by lmnelson86; 04-30-2020 at 11:10 AM.

As i expected, its hard to sell a boat in non running condition. I have prepped the motor to pull it out tomorrow and will begin a teardown tomorrow or saturday. I plan to evaluate the condition of the motor at that time, the findings will dictate whether this is a rebuild, short or long block replacement or a 351 with a little extra juice. Tired of looking at it in the back 40! Should be nice when done.