Default Under Bimini surf storage

I’ve been looking for a new way to store surf boards. I purchased some new boards that I don’t want to get ruined in the racks plus in AZ it gets pretty hot so I’m thinking of storing the boards under the Bimini top and out of the sun. Has anybody done this? I’ve seen one product out there but it’s $400 a piece. Way out of what I want to spend for storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you looking at those racks built by Corson Piper? He may be selling them via another company name - overheadsurfracks?

2018 Supra SL400

I’ve seen those but they’re too expensive and my Bimini is just forward of the tower. I’d like something that could be mounted on underside of the Bimini.

https://hyperryddesigns.com/shop?olsPage=products

Good racks are not going to be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Arizona View Post
    https://hyperryddesigns.com/shop?olsPage=products

Good racks are not going to be cheap.

I have a hard time seeing the value in spending $1000 storing two boards. I was hoping there was something that attaches to the bottom of the Bimini. Like a net or something. I’m guessing this will be DIY. I haven’t seen anything on the market. Closest thing I saw was the Ronix bag that holds 4 boards and unfolds on top of the Bimini. That’s not too badly priced at $200 but I’m afraid the board will get hot up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    I have a hard time seeing the value in spending $1000 storing two boards. I was hoping there was something that attaches to the bottom of the Bimini. Like a net or something. I’m guessing this will be DIY. I haven’t seen anything on the market. Closest thing I saw was the Ronix bag that holds 4 boards and unfolds on top of the Bimini. That’s not too badly priced at $200 but I’m afraid the board will get hot up there.

I agree. AZ sun gets hot.

I recall reading/seeing something on one of the forums where someone made an under the home-made one. Straps attached (sewed) to a surf bag. Straps attached under the tower.

Looked like pockets under the top.

Do not recall what type of boat.

2018 Supra SL400

Well for $18 I got a pretty cool adjustable bungee net. Works awesome and it’s $982 savings . I’ve got two boards up there and they stayed out of the heat all day.

I keep the boards in a protective sock.