Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What are your thoughts on this one?

https://denver.craigslist.org/boa/d/...983830865.html

I’m thinking I need to give up on the 1992+ idea until I’m willing to spend more than $6000. Stuck on sunsport because I want to slalom, wakeboard, and surf. When asked if stringers were replaced the owner said “ I have owned it for 11 years. P/O did all that in 2006 during rebuild. I marked motor mounts with purple sharpie when I bought it and they have not moved.” It does not have perfect pass but owner says throttle stays in correct position for all sports.

If the stringers are good and solid, worth the asking price. It has all you need to get started skiing. I guess with no rear seat it would be good for surfing if adding ballast bags.
    Upholstery is very odd but otherwise looks like everything else has either been repaired or replaced. Maybe 280 hp with a rebuilt motor but stock number is 240 hp on the 351W.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Yeah, the motor numbers were confusing to me and the upholstery is very odd. As I'm considering this one, another guy with a 1994 Sunsport might have just made me an offer I can't refuse at $7500 and willing to meet me about halfway from home so 9 hours instead of 17. It's not set up for surfing yet like this one is but it's in really great shape with only 425 hours on the motor. Wasn't wanting to spend that kind of money just yet but the 1994 is definitely worth it and then some.

agreed that the upholstery is odd, but that can all probably be redone for around $2k or less if you shop around and if you care that much. if there's proof of a stringer rebuild (paperwork), that first boat is worth the money for sure with a rebuilt trans and engine. for the peace of mind though, $7500 for a non-wood boat might be worth it--i think 93+ had fuel injection as well? literally all you need to surf that sunsport hull is 2000lbs of ballast and a suckgate of some sort, so that's not a hard add. let me know if you need a hookup on bags and pumps once you get to that point.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by RuudDog View Post
    Wasn't wanting to spend that kind of money just yet but the 1994 is definitely worth it and then some.
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242