Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Advice on the purchase of a 1996 Supra Sunspot

New to forum and considering the purchase of a 1996 Supra Sunsport. The boat is going to be a bit of a drive to pick up so I will be having a long conversation with the owner about condition, repairs, maintenance, etc. but he has agreed (by text) to taking a significantly lower price than what he was asking. Would any of the experts on 1996 Sunsports here on the forum be willing to take a look at the ad and consider the price and just double-check me on what I'm seeing? If someone is willing then I can PM the link for the ad and have the discussion more one-on-one if that's allowed. Not too crazy about posting the ad publicly since I think it's a pretty good deal (at least I'm hoping). Thanks in advance.

send me a PM and i'll take a look for ya
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Where is the boat?

Well, my old one needs repair and I am looking for the new. Thanks for the topic, will follow the variants!

I don't get this post you ask for help but don't give any location and then you get someone from CT willing to go anywhere to look for you? Did miss something?

Someone is going to steal his smoking deal . . . ???
    2018 Supra SL400

Sorry, Michael, I should have finished up this thread earlier. I think the post from LuisNichols was posted to this thread by mistake. To finish this thread, though, jtryon and I talked through PM and he gave me good advice on the boat I was looking at. I didn't end up buying because of a miscommunication on the price between myself and the seller. Still looking for a good 1992+ Supra Sunsport at a good end of season price.

Quote Originally Posted by RuudDog View Post
    Sorry, Michael, I should have finished up this thread earlier. I think the post from LuisNichols was posted to this thread by mistake. To finish this thread, though, jtryon and I talked through PM and he gave me good advice on the boat I was looking at. I didn't end up buying because of a miscommunication on the price between myself and the seller. Still looking for a good 1992+ Supra Sunsport at a good end of season price.
    damn, what price was he stuck at? sorry it didn't work out for ya.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

I think it was $10,000 which was too much for me. He originally thought I was spam and he said “sure” to my offer just for kicks. Wasn’t until I followed up multiple times that he realized I wasn’t spam. Annoying miscommunication.

10k for a 96 doesn't sound too high depending on condition?