Default 2014 Supra SC450 surf setup

Has anyone tried an aftermarket surf gate device with their existing surf tabs on a 2014 SC boat? I’m thinking of the suction cup or Velcro ones that mount on the side of the boat. I finally have a real nice wave but pushing around 3800lbs of ballast is not easy on the fuel gauge. I’m wondering if I spend $300 on a mission delta or something like that could I drop the ballast down to 2500lbs or less and still have a real nice wave?

Most boats like that 3k# range. I would borrow one and give it a try.

One of the latest setups are to double-up the suck-gates
    Some are running a smaller one by the windshield area and a bigger one off the back. Facebook had tons of pics and chatter about this.
    Some are running them stacked up/down. Nauticurl Wake systems has some pics on their web site.
    Both setups will also add more stress and fuel consumption.

I would not be attaching any Velcro Skateboard looking-ramp to the side of my boat - personal preference.
    Yes, they work.

But I feel - "no replacement for displacement"
    2018 Supra SL400

I agree on the displacement thing. My SC’s wave didn’t get decent til around 3000lbs of ballast. I think I will try to borrow one before I make the investment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Most boats like that 3k# range. I would borrow one and give it a try.

One of the latest setups are to double-up the suck-gates
    Some are running a smaller one by the windshield area and a bigger one off the back. Facebook had tons of pics and chatter about this.
    Some are running them stacked up/down. Nauticurl Wake systems has some pics on their web site.
    Both setups will also add more stress and fuel consumption.

I would not be attaching any Velcro Skateboard looking-ramp to the side of my boat - personal preference.
    Yes, they work.

But I feel - "no replacement for displacement"
    What?? 2 wake shapers. I’m going to borrow my friends wake shaper and try this tomorrow. What is the advantage of running 2 of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    What?? 2 wake shapers. I’m going to borrow my friends wake shaper and try this tomorrow. What is the advantage of running 2 of them?

I assume more water displacement. Here's the stacked. The wave setup on this Supra 22 is huge, but so is the weight.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 09-30-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Here is the front/back. Smaller in front, bigger in back . . . (Insert joke here)

People are saying it works, works better than what is out there, but a single $30 garage made one works fine.

2018 Supra SL400

They are also making the 'mega' ones. Wakesurf Edge?

Same principal, move more water.

A mere $300-400. But it floats.

Last edited by MJHKnox; 09-30-2019 at 01:01 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

I didn’t get a chance to use the two gate set up Saturday. We were teaching a bunch of kids so there wasn’t anytime. I’ll try it Friday.
    I’m wondering if it works better than just throwing a big one on the back. I would like to extend our wave out some more.
    I can see that the first gate would accelerate the water ahead of the other dropping the pressure and then of course the back one would accelerate it even more creating an eddy. I just don’t know if creating bigger eddies would do anything for the wave except maybe a stronger eddy would lengthen the wave. (Not sure).

On the front & back one, the guy throws a really great wave on a 22 Supra. Video and pics are cool.

Not sure of his ballast weight.

2018 Supra SL400