Thread: Please help

Default Please help

I’d very much appreciate anyone’s help tonight. I’m really confused and frustrated.
    Question is about wiring.
    Question1:The wires that come from the front and terminate in a plug includes the yellow/red wire for the ignition. How may I make know which color corresponds on the other side of the connection? There is a large orange wire, a purple wire, and a red wire, but I can’t figure out which is the ignition that connects to the solenoid.
    Question 2: what is the solid white block above and left of the solenoid that has two posts? Does it go bad?
    Please help. Thank you so much.

Year of the boat, model and we also need the engine to even stand a chance to help here. Just from what you described sounds like a PCM 351W engine but that really needs to be confirmed.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Year of the boat, model and we also need the engine to even stand a chance to help here. Just from what you described sounds like a PCM 351W engine but that really needs to be confirmed.
    Many thanks to you.
    It’s a PCM 351. I think around 1990 Supra.
    I’m trying to figure out how to Attach pics

Many thanks sir. It’s A pcm 351. Supra. I think 1990.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonymozingo View Post
    Many thanks sir. ItÂ’s A pcm 351. Supra. I think 1990.
    Not sure of year of your boat?
    On the right top edge of your hull at rear of boat is your serial number moulded into the fibreglass.
    The last two digits represent your year of boat.
    Eg: last two digits are 92 the boat is 1992 year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonymozingo View Post
    I’d very much appreciate anyone’s help tonight. I’m really confused and frustrated.
    Question is about wiring.
    Question1:The wires that come from the front and terminate in a plug includes the yellow/red wire for the ignition. How may I make know which color corresponds on the other side of the connection? There is a large orange wire, a purple wire, and a red wire, but I can’t figure out which is the ignition that connects to the solenoid.
    Question 2: what is the solid white block above and left of the solenoid that has two posts? Does it go bad?
    Please help. Thank you so much.
    Go to following site.

https://sccrm.6spdcdn.com/files/docu...ner_manual.pdf

Crystal, That’s is the same boat model and color as mine.

1989 Supra PleasureCraft 351

I’m happy to report through the members of this forum, I’ve gotten it wired correctly. Thank you.

NOTE TO BEGINNERS: There is a fuse on the dash that defeats the signal from the ignition! Don’t spend two nights rechecking and buying circuit breakers and such. I’ve done that for you.

Two new questions:
    1. Now that I have the starter turning over, I need to check for fire. How can I check to see the reason It won’t crank? I replaced plugs and cleaned carb best I could but no fire.
    2. The platform on back is missing. Is there a place I can look to buy another?

As always, “I am debtor...”