Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2

    Default 2018 Supra SA450 vs 2019 Nautique GS22

    New to boating and want a multi purpose boat for surfing, tubing, skiing, wakeboarding.
    What is a better buy a 2018 Fully loaded Supra SA 450 with 40ish hours for $95K or a new 2019 GS22 loaded for $105K. And why?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boykie View Post
    New to boating and want a multi purpose boat for surfing, tubing, skiing, wakeboarding.
    What is a better buy a 2018 Fully loaded Supra SA 450 with 40ish hours for $95K or a new 2019 GS22 loaded for $105K. And why?
    Assuming you have both dealers near you, you have two good choices.

    The SA price is about what the market had this past fall. A buy would probably be in the low 90s. I do not follow the GS prices.

    Surfing - SA. Has the potential to get a HUGE wake with add'l weight. GS is OK out of the box.
    Wakeboarding - SA. You can get a cleaner wake at lower speeds
    Skiing - GS, but neither is a Direct Drive ski boat.
    Tubing - let your friend with a pontoon do that
    Ballast - both have sub floor. SA needs more weight to sink it lower for surfing.
    Tower - SA. I think in 2020 the GS raised the height. GS looks ugly to me
    Interior Layout - GS. If it was a 2019 SA it would have the chill-tech, but Nauti is known for having the best fit/finish.
    Back Seat - SA has the convertible rear facing bench seat
    Transom - GS is cool with the back seats. SA has storage and sits higher in the water.
    Tech - GS. They have a lot in the dash on this like GoPro and are ahead with other cameras.
    Drivers Area - GS has more tech, but they are both nice. Things like helm control.
    Storage - SA
    Stereo - both have JL
    Motor - PCM vs Raptor. Both good power plants. PCM probably has a little edge on hp and torque.
    Warranty - I think they are both about the same, but the 19 would go longer now that the 2020s are out.

    There is a saying - "GS does everything OK, but not great". Probably better suited for a younger family and is the entry-level for Nauti.
    Since most people surf more than any other activity, I would get the SA.

    I'm sure after a test ride in each you will know what you want.
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 10-17-2019 at 09:27 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Assuming you have both dealers near you, you have two good choices.

    The SA price is about what the market had this past fall. A buy would probably be in the low 90s. I do not follow the GS prices.

    Surfing - SA. Has the potential to get a HUGE wake with add'l weight. GS is OK out of the box.
    Wakeboarding - SA. You can get a cleaner wake at lower speeds
    Skiing - GS, but neither is a Direct Drive ski boat.
    Tubing - let your friend with a pontoon do that
    Ballast - both have sub floor
    Tower - SA. I think in 2020 the GS raised the height. GS looks ugly to me
    Interior Layout - GS. If it was a 2019 SA it would have the chill-tech
    Back Seat - SA has the convertible rear facing bench seat
    Transom - GS is cool with the back seats. SA has storage and sits higher in the water.
    Tech - GS. They have a lot in the dash on this like GoPro and are ahead with other cameras.
    Drivers Area - GS has more tech, but they are both nice. Things like helm control.
    Storage - SA
    Stereo - both have JL
    Motor - PCM vs Raptor. Both good power plants. PCM probably has a little edge on hp and torque.
    Warranty - I think they are both about the same, but the 19 would go longer now that the 2020s are out.

    I'm sure after a test ride in each you will know what you want.
    Thanks - you made all great points. We have driven both over the last week and we liked them both - I think in the end it will come down to value and resale in about 3-5 years. I think the GS may have the edge on this as the 18 SA is right before the change to the screens and the new hull design on the 20.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boykie View Post
    Thanks - you made all great points. We have driven both over the last week and we liked them both - I think in the end it will come down to value and resale in about 3-5 years. I think the GS may have the edge on this as the 18 SA is right before the change to the screens and the new hull design on the 20.
    Probably right on the resale, but I do not know what Nauti has planned for future hybrid boats like the GS. I assume that is a good seller b/c the bigger Gs start to get crazy expensive that not many will fork out that kind of money.

    Driving them, I assume the GS drove more like a ski boat at faster speeds?
    2018 Supra SL400

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •