Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

We got out wakesurfing yesterday in perfect conditions on the water and I have to say we were a bit disappointed in the power of the wake considering the amount of weight put into the boat. The wave was long and clean but lacked the amount of push we expected.

We had three light weight adults in the boat and one surfer out back. We tried stock ballast first and that was definitely not going to do it. For our second ride each the dealer added a fat sac under each side seat, probably 500#’s each, and a small cube sac beside the helm. On our third set we moved the cube back to the middle of the boat behind the viewing seat. I think the settings were something like 7.5 and 3.5 and we varied speed between 11 and 11.5 mph. I’m not sure if these pitch and roll settings were stock from the factory or this is what the driver/sales guy thought was best.

Everything else about this boat was amazing and we really wanted it to perform so we could purchase one but it didn’t happen.

You need 9-ish on pitch. My boat has crazy push, even when the wave isn't "pretty".

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie360 View Post
    Everything else about this boat was amazing and we really wanted it to perform so we could purchase one but it didn’t happen.
    Bummer. That should have been more than enough weight.

Last outing of the season we had an add'l 750#s with 4 people. Pitch was at 9-9.5. Both guys 225-250# had no issues going front to back on the wave, 360s, and trying transfers.

Not sure 2-2.5' would have that much of of a difference for you.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Yes, I though with approximately 4500#'s of ballast it was going to be amazing. Maybe more pitch and less wake plate was needed, though I don't know where the plate was at. We were getting airs and I could easily land 360's but I've been trying a new trick where I carve down from the top about mid wave and cut back in and hop a 180. I then would slide down the wake and reverse back to the front side (not sure what this trick is called but I've seen it in videos online). This was the tell tale sign for me that the wake was not enough. I felt like I was just not catching enough speed coming down the wake to carry into this trick.

I'm trying to add a picture of the stock wake but it doesn't seem to attach. The file in my iphone must be too large.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie360 View Post
    Yes, I though with approximately 4500#'s of ballast it was going to be amazing. Maybe more pitch and less wake plate was needed, though I don't know where the plate was at. We were getting airs and I could easily land 360's but I've been trying a new trick where I carve down from the top about mid wave and cut back in and hop a 180. I then would slide down the wake and reverse back to the front side (not sure what this trick is called but I've seen it in videos online). This was the tell tale sign for me that the wake was not enough. I felt like I was just not catching enough speed coming down the wake to carry into this trick.

I'm trying to add a picture of the stock wake but it doesn't seem to attach. The file in my iphone must be too large.
    If you get a chance, post a video/link of that trick you are talking about.
    2018 Supra SL400

It's the last couple of tricks James is doing here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93233l7wYtc

Quote Originally Posted by pedel View Post
    I’m also at sea level and tried all the props and definitely think the 2775 is the best trade off for primarily surf. Disclaimer...my boat is a 2018 sl450 and I think the transmission changed at some point in ‘19 so make sure you get info from folks with the same engin/trans.

Here is a thread on the 18: https://paddleboardsurf.com/best-wak...for-beginners/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My buddy has an SL450 and that is a sweet boat. Had loads of fun on that boat. I'm not sure what size prop he's been using, I'll have to check.