Thread: Cushion Removal

Default Cushion Removal

I want to get my 2005 22'SSV reupholstered. How do you remove the cushion backs around the sidewall in the bow and main sitting area? I can't see how they are fastened on.

Help!

Dale

I just did this last winter. There are nuts and big washers behind the cushions. You can get to them reaching through the lower seat storage area up towards the gunwale. If God gave you long skinny arms then you are truly blessed. If not find a friend who does and give him a beer. Keep track of where all the hardware goes and just my opinion, don’t let the hardware go with the cushions to the upholstery shop. Once my interior was stripped I pressure washed the entire carpet. Came out looking new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    If God gave you long skinny arms then you are truly blessed. If not find a friend who does and give him a beer.
    Isn’t that the truth on any boat project.

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    I just did this last winter. There are nuts and big washers behind the cushions. You can get to them reaching through the lower seat storage area up towards the gunwale. If God gave you long skinny arms then you are truly blessed. If not find a friend who does and give him a beer. Keep track of where all the hardware goes and just my opinion, don’t let the hardware go with the cushions to the upholstery shop. Once my interior was stripped I pressure washed the entire carpet. Came out looking new.

Wait..?! you pressure washed the Carpet?