Default 1988 ts6m rebuild

So I have been an observer for the most part over last 6 or 7 years, used to have a 1986 Pirata with my brother but we split up on that 3 years ago. Since then my wife and I bought a 1988 TS6M Comp. Over the years we have replaced the steering cable and added PerfectPass with Zbox upgrade along with a few minor repairs and upgrades. This winter we decided it was time to tackle the floors/stringers. Having owned an old Supra before we have been well aware of the project we were getting ourselves into when we bought the boat. There were two soft spots when we bought it back near the rear seat, so we figured we could get a few good summers out of it before needing to be replaced. So far we have pulled the motor and gotten the cap off. I have tried my best to read through everyone else's rebuild threads on this site and think I have a good idea as to what needs to be done, but who knows what I am getting us into. We have a detached garage that is just barely big enough to do the work in, so hopefully we can work on it a couple nights a week and most all weekends. Hoping to be ready to ski as soon as spring rolls around. I will try to post our progress and pictures as we go.

I appreciate all of you who have posted your rebuild projects, and am welcome to any pointers or advise.

Does anyone have advise as far as best way to post pictures, as I have notice a lot of the older posts pictures are no longer available

I use imgur to post pics. If you are talking about the pics that Photobucket deleted there is a fix from google chrome to recover the pics. You want to use Douglass Fur for the stringers and marine plywood for the floor . I always coat all the wood with clear penetrating epoxy sealer [CPES] FROM THE Rot Doctor web site .
    US Composites is a good place for glass and epoxy.
    Last edited by michael hunter; 11-19-2019 at 08:11 AM.

Thanks for the info, did find out that my local lumber yard has douglass fir in stock. We are working this week to get the stringers on one side cut out, planning to do 1 side at a time so we can mirror the other and make sure the height of stringers all stay consistent. I was able to create an Imgur account and get some pictures of our progress up.

https://imgur.com/a/ukESQGq

We were hoping the rot was not as extensive as it. There was a lot of water trapped up in front of the bilge, which made for a nasty day of getting the foam out. Seems like we are making good progress on the demo.

Once you post pics on Imgur you can put mouse on your name in the upper right corner then click images in the drop down click the picture you want to post click copy on the second from the bottom marked forum then you can paste it to your post. Make sure you edit the size of your pic. I use 1000x2000.