Default Yet Another Battery Set Up Question

I am going to add a Voltage Sensitive Relay System to my 2000 Launch. I am linking the VSR with a Blue Sea Systems 350 Amp E-Series Battery so I can have a house battery and a starting battery. In addition to avoid being stranded, I am hoping resolve an issue with low voltage to my Perfect Pass. If my blower is on, or if I am filling my ballast tank the PP starts beeping from low voltage. I only have a dash stereo (no additional equipment).

I am thinking of keeping the everything but the stereo and PP on the engine battery in hopes this will resolve the issue. Does this make sense?

Thanks
    Last edited by td in nc; 01-04-2020 at 09:38 AM.

I am hoping resolve an issue with low voltage to my Perfect Pass. If my blower is on, or if I am filling my ballast tank the PP starts beeping from low voltage.
    This is likely a 2 fold issue. One, too small of a cable gauge for helm BUS supply, and two, 20 years of use and there is some corrosion (resistance) taking its toll on those supply circuits.

Splitting out the PP and audio to the house, still leaves you some loads drawing off the cranking battery when on the hook. Blower, ballast, NAV, bilge. Id want all those on the house bank. Id leave them all on the helm BUS and upgrade its supply cables.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Wylietunes View Post
    This is likely a 2 fold issue. One, too small of a cable gauge for helm BUS supply, and two, 20 years of use and there is some corrosion (resistance) taking its toll on those supply circuits.

Splitting out the PP and audio to the house, still leaves you some loads drawing off the cranking battery when on the hook. Blower, ballast, NAV, bilge. Id want all those on the house bank. Id leave them all on the helm BUS and upgrade its supply cables.
    Thank you for the info, I will plan on doing this - What gauge wire would you recommend?

8ga for whats there now, 4ga would accommodate many future accessory upgrades.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Wylietunes View Post
    8ga for whats there now, 4ga would accommodate many future accessory upgrades.
    Thanks, I will make the upgrade in the spring when I get the boat back from winter storage.

Also dont forget your grounds! Make sure those are clean as well

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Okay getting ready to pull boat out of winter storage soon and I would like to install a good power supply and ground. I would like to figure out how much wire is needed for Pos and Neg, unfortunately I would like to order the wire now but I do not know how much I need as I cannot look at the boat. I have a direct drive supra launch, does anyone have any idea of approximate lengths I would need to run new supply cables for power and ground to the BUS?

Thanks