Default Surf System Upgrade

I have a 2011 LAUNCH 242. Have never had good luck getting good push from the wave when surfing. I can get a huge wave, but no real push. I'm considering adding a surf system and I'm curious if anyone has experience with the Infinity Wave surf system?
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

Quote Originally Posted by 4alkings View Post
    I have a 2011 LAUNCH 242. Have never had good luck getting good push from the wave when surfing. I can get a huge wave, but no real push. I'm considering adding a surf system and I'm curious if anyone has experience with the Infinity Wave surf system?
    I think I have seen 1 hull in your style, 242, with tabs on the boat. It was a blue/white 242. Not sure what kind of tabs. Not may, if any, reviews on the Infinity Wave system for SC boats. More on the GSA or Wakeland. The guys with BUs, Centurion, and Supreme like them. There is also a group of people that hate the Infinity copied from GSA.

Mischief IV has your same boat. His surf wake does great with a shaper on the side, not saying your doing anything wrong.

Expensive upgrade
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by 4alkings View Post
    If it were me I’d work more on the set up prior to spending a lot of money on tabs. Explore moving weight around, especially on the surf side. If you are creating a monster wave with minimal push then I would suggest increase speed a bit. Other factors are rider height/weight vs. surfboard. It took me a few months to figure mine out but man it’s awesome now. Also a wake shaper is a must. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2006 24SSV. From our little surf experience we found it appears big boats need big weight. Kind of makes sense actually. 1150 and all passengers on the surf side with 750 in the offside rear while turning slightly surf side was our answer. Bought a wave maker in the off season so we will see how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanso24V View Post
    we found it appears big boats need big weight.
    That still holds true on the new boats too. From the factory good, add weight and it will take it up nother notch.

For example on a 23-24' boat,
    Day 1 with 3 people
    vs
    Day 2 with 10 people and it's easy to see and feel difference.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400