Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default '86 Supra Sunsport

Hi,

New to the board here, with a new to me Supra. I was looking for a late 80's Mariah, when I came across this pimped out Sunsport in very good condition.

The interior was redone in 2006, and it has a new 6 speaker stereo. It has a 2002 Supra Launch Tower and 3 sacs for a total of 1200 lbs of ballast.

I've already refinished the teak swim platform, and installed satellite radio. I'll probably put a sub and some tower speakers this winter. Also, the original brown carpet has to go, and I am thinking about some super plush black or grey carpet.

Lastly...I love wakeboarding, and can't wait to wakesurf this boat, but I have a secret addiction to slalom. The boat has no slalom pole, and the previous owner is not sure there was ever one there. Where to find a pole, and how big a deal would installation be?

Graeme
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

Graeme
    Your new boat looks great. I think you will be very happy with it I have owned my 89 Sunsport since new the pylon on my boat is mounted in front of the engine cover .
    I have the extended pylon and added a barefoot boom adaptor. You can see pics on
    pride & joy [my 89 sunsport] Let me know if you need under floor pics

Sweet Sunsport Mike. Looks great!

Thanks for the offer about pics. I'll just have to see how this season goes and see how she runs. I am hoping for the pylon that it was just removed, and it's a case of bloting in a new one...

I have my pole and base that I won't be re-installing if your interested. It' located in oklahoma city,
    1987 pirata with a 454

Default Floor repairs and new carpet.

So this winters project was to repair the gaping, rotten water logged poop pit that was under the driver's seat, and to replace the worn out original brown carpet with something a little nicer.

While I had the carpet up, I also fixed those little round openings where they inject the foam. Quite a few had cracked through and made little "soft spots" under the carpet.

Put in a sub too...

I ripped the interior out in a few days and carved out the rotten stuff. Then let it all dry over a few months, then over the last few days I did the floor repairs and put in the new carpet. What do you think?

By the way, the last pic is today, I put the boat in the water...in Canada. April 3rd. It was 75 F. Awesome weather for up here! Tomorrow I am going skiing and boarding!

The rest of the pics:

Sweeeeet That's one clean looking Sunsport. Did you get your ski pylon installed? My wife skis and I pull her off the tower Its a little high bur better than the transom tow loop witch is too low .

Great looking boat and thanks for the pics. I like how the cd player is integrated into the bottom of the walk through seat.
    1988 Supra Mariah

I never did get a ski pole in, and I have done enough this winter. That's a project for next winter.

That walkthrough see is getting packed and I am losing that storage area as I intstal more stuff. There's now the deck, the amp and the sub. I might the sat radio in the vinyl like the deck later.

---Was I drunk when I wrote this? That whole second paragraph makes no sense. But I will leave it there for posterity...
    Last edited by Graeme; 04-04-2010 at 09:31 PM.

Graeme, Sweet Sunsport Dude! Love it, what cool boats, the more I see the more I love! Great job on your carpet and floor!