Default Perfect Pass DBW Installation

Hi
    I have a 2005 Supra Launch 21V with the 5.7l Indmar and have just upgraded my Perfect Pass Pro (paddlewheel) up to Perfect Pass Stargazer (GPS) DBW.

The Servo motor is deleted and I have connected directly to the main wiring harness, but I cannot find the ALDL PLUG to connect the Grounding plug.

The system fires up and displays RPM but will not lock onto speed doing the "Control Test"

Can anyone assist with location of the ALDL plug? or a way around it.

Thanks in advance.

I would suggest contacting PP as their customer service/tech support is great. Hopefully someone else on the site can provide some assistance.

If you are interested in selling your old system please let me know.
    Thanks

Is your 05 Indmar engine DBW?
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Wylietunes View Post
    Is your 05 Indmar engine DBW?
    Im not sure, this is what the dealer in Australia supplied after me providing my boat details to them. They are closed all weekend so I am trying to find some answers.

The Perfect Pass website doesn't give any details either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Im not sure, this is what the dealer in Australia supplied after me providing my boat details to them. They are closed all weekend so I am trying to find some answers.

The Perfect Pass website doesn't give any details either.
    My Supra is an 06 and as far as I know it was the first year for the DBW. Prior years used the servo.
    I found this out when I had an issue and called PP. I talked to the owner and he said that they used a kind of ad hoc harness the first year to make it work. 07 and later used a different harness.

My questions to you is did the old unit use a servo?
    Does your throttle cable go all the way to the throttle body or does it terminate at a sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes my older PP unit used a servo drive and yes the throttle cable goes to the Throttle body as far as I can tell.

My wiring harness looks like the one described in the words and photos from PP but just missing a few cables hence the issue.

Thanks for your info.

Out of interest how can I confirm the model of my boat or motor? I going by what I was told from the previous owner.

Ok, if you have a throttle cable pulling the throttle when you move the throttle lever, then your engine is not DBW. In this case, I do not see a DBW perfect pass working as there is no throttle motor to command, to drive the throttle.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

This ^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully someone else on the site can provide some assistance.