Default Ballast problems 07 24ssv

One of my rear ballast won’t empty, but will fill. Is there an impeller I can change to get it to empty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC, there may be a dedicated aerator live well style drain pump for each sac/tank. Can you hear a drain pump run while drain other tanks/sacs, compared to draining the suspect tank/sac?

If your 07 has reversible impeller pumps, its odd for them to fill and then not drain. If you hear the pump running when filling, but running and not draining, could be an impeller. But, if you you do not hear the pump running when draining, likely the switch.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

If it’s the stock set up then it has the aerator pumps mounted on the transom. Take a look at the fuse under the dash too. It’s a 700gpm rule pump which I don’t think they make anymore but you can just swap it out with a tsunami 800gph.

Thanks for the info. Yes I can hear the pump running on empty. Right rear ballast will empty as well as the midship ballast. Going to go to the shop after work and see if I can find the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by TxCalvert View Post
    Thanks for the info. Yes I can hear the pump running on empty. Right rear ballast will empty as well as the midship ballast. Going to go to the shop after work and see if I can find the culprit.

If the pump runs then it might just be a little fussy getting primed. I had to relocate one of my pumps a little lower since it didn’t want to prime very well. I had to step on the bag to get it going.