Wink Fake lake / hose hookup setups help

1990 sunsport has the 7.4 pleasurecraft (I'm assuming that's a 454) I recently purchased. I want to hook a hose up to run outside of water. Can anyone help me out and show me their setups? Recommendations? I already have a ball valve on the water inlet side. But dont know where to go from there.
    Thanks everyone! (I cant figure out how to upload photos yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Konakev View Post
    1990 sunsport has the 7.4 pleasurecraft (I'm assuming that's a 454) I recently purchased. I want to hook a hose up to run outside of water. Can anyone help me out and show me their setups? Recommendations? I already have a ball valve on the water inlet side. But dont know where to go from there.
    Thanks everyone! (I cant figure out how to upload photos yet)
    And if you can show me parts and where to get them? I'm assuming most of it I can buy from home depot. But I also want it to be a clean install... so anything helps.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I always just remove the hose at the hull inlet fitting stick it in a bucket and put a garden hose in the bucket . Adjust the water flow to the amount of water the engine is taking so you don't overflow or empty the bucket.

I have a Plunger that i cut a hole out of for the hose and just put it against the boat. Works fine

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    I always just remove the hose at the hull inlet fitting stick it in a bucket and put a garden hose in the bucket . Adjust the water flow to the amount of water the engine is taking so you don't overflow or empty the bucket.
    Ditto. Allows you to feel how much the water the motor is sucking in by putting your hand in it.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242