Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1990 supra sunsport

Recently purchased. It's a little bit if a project but it runs, and the gelcoat seems ok. No wood rot that I can find yet. Will need help with locating the impeller and replacing. Anyone know where I can get quality Reman'd engines?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by michael hunter; 03-10-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Pic attempt

That is a 454 GM engine. Why do you need to replace it? Are you sure its a Sunsport? Most Sunsports have a 351w.
    Last edited by michael hunter; 03-10-2020 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    That is a 454 GM engine. Why do you need to replace it? Are you sure its a Sunsport? Most Sunsports have a 351w.
    Great question... I guess I really didnt look at the pink slip all that close...that's what it was being sold as... what are the differences between sunsport and others? I'm not super familiar with these supra boats

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Also I'm not going to replace it yet. But I just wanted to know a general idea if this motor turns out to be badd. I don't have much experience rebuilding Small or big block Engines. I'm trying to get more knowledge on this motor so I can look up parts to replace i.e. Impeller Water pump spark plugs Carb rebuild your know the usual

A Sunsport with a 454 is a rare boat. Special order item. That is nice. I have a 351W if you want to trade.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    A Sunsport with a 454 is a rare boat. Special order item. That is nice. I have a 351W if you want to trade.
    Lol thank you very much. After doing some more research I kind of worry about the condition of the stringers. I did not Inspect before I bought it. But the floor is solid and no soft spots that I have found yet.The engine compartment and engine day look pretty clean and no signs of rot in bear yet. It would be awesome if the stringers have been repaired or replaced already

CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG. Isnt pleasure craft a ford engine? Do they still use a GM block? Engine code is PLN-WR-L10 which I assume is a ford 7.4 ford. Upon some research I found this gem. So I'll have to do more research when I get home. But what kind of raw-water pump does it use? Sherwood? Johnson? Does it really matter what kind I put on there? As long as its pumping h20 I dont see why it needs to be mounted underneath the engine where only miniature oompa-loompas can get to... lol

NVM I just read where it says "454 is a gm block" but it still doesnt answer what type of pump it is... are their dif styles? Can i replace with a dif style if it's cheaper?

FYI for anyone curious impeller part# for 454 is 0713 at skidim and fuel filter/ water separator is 0503