Default 1999 Supra Comp no fuel

Hello, thanks for any suggestions,

1999, PCM 350, TBI, no fuel.

I can dribble a little fuel into the butterflyÂ’s and it starts and runs fine.

I have to jump the starting solenoid.

It is blowing the 15amp fuse attached to the control module.

It makes a small clicking noise when I turn the key to the on position.

This started when I wrapped a bunch of weeds around the prop and shaft. I was at idle speed, the weeds immediately bogged the engine down and killed it. I cleared the weeds, it restarted once, died, and has not ran again except as described above. Been sitting for 3 years now while I completed building and moving into a new home.

I would really appreciate some help.......really want to get back on the water this year if the Coronavirus doesnÂ’t kill me.

Thanks,

Randy

Check the fuel pump

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Check the fuel pump
    Thanks

There seem to be two electric fuel pumps, one mounted to the block where a mechanical fuel pump should be, and the other inside a big canister mounted on the front right side of block. I always thought the big canister was the fuel filter.

There is a two wire plug going to each of them. I disconnected the plugs and checked for voltage with the ignition switch turned on. No voltage. I assume.......that there should be voltage with ignition in the on position?

Randy

The ECM turns the fuel pump on for 2 seconds with ignition switch on and when you crank. Should find out what that 15amp fuse is for and why it’s blowing. If it’s at the control module it may be for the pump but pumps are usually 20amp but not sure with yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    The ECM turns the fuel pump on for 2 seconds with ignition switch on and when you crank. Should find out what that 15amp fuse is for and why it’s blowing. If it’s at the control module it may be for the pump but pumps are usually 20amp but not sure with yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you nailed it. I unplugged both fuel pumps and fuse didn’t blow. Plugged in high pressure fuel pump and it runs with no blown fuse. Plugged in low pressure pump and fuse blows. Removed low pressure pump and it runs with a jumper to a battery but must be drawing to much amperage to blow fuse. I could not find a part number so I ordered a Carter P4389. Hope it will work.

Thanks