Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry 2018 Supra Boat Trailer & Logo

Has anyone had any issues with their trailer tire having a pretty steep angle on it? I think the roller bearing is just bad, but the dealer is telling me the whole axle is bent and wanting me to pay over 2 grand just because there are very small scrapes on the bottom of the axle from last summer when the lake was in a drought I had to back the trailer in off the ramp to get the boat out. That was 8 months ago and the trailer has been fine until now, but of course warranty refuses to cover it.

Also has anyone had any companies make custom logos. My side boat logo got damaged, but I only need a U and skiers choice will not sell individual letters. To order an entire new logo from the dealer it's 650 dollars!

Thanks in advance the information!

Respectfully,

John J. Wilson
    2018 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJWilson22 View Post
    Has anyone had any issues with their trailer tire having a pretty steep angle on it? I think the roller bearing is just bad, but the dealer is telling me the whole axle is bent and wanting me to pay over 2 grand just because there are very small scrapes on the bottom of the axle from last summer when the lake was in a drought I had to back the trailer in off the ramp to get the boat out. That was 8 months ago and the trailer has been fine until now, but of course warranty refuses to cover it.

Also has anyone had any companies make custom logos. My side boat logo got damaged, but I only need a U and skiers choice will not sell individual letters. To order an entire new logo from the dealer it's 650 dollars!

Respectfully,

John J. Wilson
    2018 Supra SA

There is nothing special about your axle. It does sound like a bent axle. Just take it to almost any trailer dealer for an axle. You can also get axles online for far less than 2k. Just a matter of choosing the correct one and bolting it on. A friend bent an axle on an enclosed car trailer and had it replaced at Les Schwab for a couple hundred dollars.

There are lots of places that do vinyl. You might find one that can help you with your U.
    Last edited by RB28; 03-19-2020 at 09:53 PM.

Did you try to call Boatmate?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

The 18s have raised plastic letters. A single vinyl letter will not look good between the raised plastic ones. People have posted about this before, they ended up buying a new set. Looks better for a new 18 model.

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    The 18s have raised plastic letters. A single vinyl letter will not look good between the raised plastic ones. People have posted about this before, they ended up buying a new set. Looks better for a new 18 model.

Oops, mine are flat so I of course ASSumed others would be also.

Respectfully,

John J. Wilson
    2018 Supra SA
    Give these guys a call. I had them make me some decals. They’re pretty good at matching stuff up.

https://www.domednumbers.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Did you try to call Boatmate?

I did. They are the ones that told the dealer no to the claim. They stood by that and warned if I got any other axle than original equipment it would void the rest of the warranty. They did quote me direct pricing however for 750 for the axle with paint and I could just do it myself.

Thanks for the leads on the raised decal. I am awaiting some responses from companies.

Will do! Thank you! I'll let you know if the raised letters are within their capability.

Quote Originally Posted by RB28 View Post
    Oops, mine are flat so I of course ASSumed others would be also.
    They are like this?

Last edited by MJHKnox; 03-23-2020 at 09:23 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Smaller letters

Last edited by MJHKnox; 03-23-2020 at 09:23 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400