Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by hoop46 View Post
    I went ahead and ordered a new fuel filter from Skidim on reccomendation from Haugy, as well as a new coil. We'll see how those work.
    Who is this mythical creature you spoke with?
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Have you checked the ignition Dwell . I assume the shop you took it to replaced the points and condenser and set the points but maybe not. i have some points in stock you are welcome to I converted all my 351's to HEI ignition.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Have you checked the ignition Dwell . I assume the shop you took it to replaced the points and condenser and set the points but maybe not. i have some points in stock you are welcome to I converted all my 351's to HEI ignition.
    They claim to have set the points.

Replace the points or checked them? You should check the dwell [or point gap] sometimes they will slip . Give me a call and I will walk you threw it. 678-227-8833

So i replaced the fuel filter and coil last week and this past weekend the boat performed well. The only hiccup, which i have no explanation of was that it died while going about 30 MPH. Wasn't running rough leading up to that or after, just died. Started it right back up and it ran fine the remaining 15 minute ride back to the dock. At this point we'll just have to see how it goes.

So I haven't had any other issues after running 2-3 more tanks of gas through the boat. I'm thinking a nasty fuel filter was restricting flow.