Default Comp Ts6m drivers floor pan

It seems like water always accumulates in this piece in the floor. Is there any reason i couldn't drill a small hole in the corner so the water would drain in the hull?

Quote Originally Posted by hoop46 View Post
    It seems like water always accumulates in this piece in the floor. Is there any reason i couldn't drill a small hole in the corner so the water would drain in the hull?
    What year boat is this? Mine originally had a drain hole in the rear port side of the pan and a tube that ran down into the bilge. When I rebuilt the boat, I did a new pan and then elected to not install a drain again and just wipe the boat down to dry it all up/out. Anyway, I would check the left rear corner of the tray.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

I left the drain out when I replaced the pan. It just drained into the stringers . The new stringers have scupper holes to drain all the way to the bilge. Why are you getting so much water under the dash? I would just use a towel.

Generally from getting in and out of the water etc. I think I'll add a small drain hole so it will drain into the bilge and out of the boat when it's trailered home

Quote Originally Posted by hoop46 View Post
    I think I'll add a small drain hole so it will drain into the bilge and out of the boat when it's trailered home
    If all you end up doing is drilling a small hole in that pan, that water will never drain out of your boat as that pan is outside of the main stringer and the way these boats were built there is no way to get water that ends up outside of the main stringer into the bilge. Evidence by all the water and water logged foam I had to remove when I did my cap off restoration. So, if you insist on going forward with a drain hole, place a tube in there that is drilled through the main stringer to allow the water to drain into the bilge and then you can get it out of the boat that way.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Although I don't recommend adding any water under the deck I put scupper holes in both main and secondary stringers . Any water should end up in the bilge. The hole was originally in the left rear of the pan if you are facing the bow.