Default Water Hose Bracket

Hi guys! I am in the process of replacing all the 1" water lines on my boat (1989 Conbrio with the 351W). I pulled the line that runs under the engine from the trans cooler to the impeller pump and the line has a bracket bolted to it that seems to bolt to either the engine block or engine mount? Bracket is roughly 17" down the hose from the water pump. Anybody else have this bracket or know where it bolts to or if I can just get rid of it? I can grab a picture tomorrow when I go out to the garage again.

Thanks!
    '89 Conbrio

I just sold my 1989 Conbrio last fall. Had it 24 years. I thought the line going into the bottom of the Sherwood raw water pump came from the pickup strainer in the hull just behind the engine. The short hose coming out of the raw water pump goes up to the thermostat housing I believe. I thought the trans cooler hose ran to a connection either on the engine water pump or the other side of the thermostat housing. If you get a pic, maybe I can help. Mine didn't have any brackets on the lower hose(s).

That bracket is there to keep the hose away from the fan belts I would not delete it .

Hi guys, thanks for the information. I will try to get a picture. I found a couple pictures online which showed the bracket going to the front of the engine block, just to the port side of the crank pulley near the oil pan mating line. Seems the bolt for that hole is missing on my engine.

If I can snap a good picture, I will.

Thanks!
    '89 Conbrio