Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Floor stringers

Mischief IV

I'm a retard to when it comes to working this site or it just doesn't work well on my phone. I added a photo of the HID number into that same album of the boat. The title says sts as well.

It's not you, it's this forum for sure. I don't use the app Tapatalk, but you may try that for better results if you use mobile phone a lot. I don't do anything forum related with my cell phone so Imgur.com is easiest for me while at my computer.

I moved your image to post here. It's definitely a 1995. So obviously, composite stringers with a square windshield. I was aware of the Comp being produced in 1997 with a square windshield as the Comp Classic, but not as early as 1995, and not listed as a STS.
    This was a period right after Supra Sports went bankrupt after taking the company public and facing the recession of the early 90s so anything is possible.

The first three are the manufacturers code. Followed by 5 digit serial number and then last 4 are the date code.

IMT -S9109-E595

IMT - Inboard Marine Corp. In business from 12/14/93 to 2/21/96.
    Earlier 90s Supras will have XKB for Supra Sports, Inc., the first company founder George Fowler started on April 14th, 1980
    Later 90s Supras will have UME - United Marine Corp which was in business 2/21/96 to 6/26/2000
    ISR - Skier's Choice Inc (current) took over on 6/26/2000

S9109 - hull or serial number which is a high number here and maybe due to the fact because it was produced in May (E) of '95 which is near end of production model year for '95. July or August is usually start of new year production. So, E5 is production date - May 1995 and last two digits 95 for model year.
    My Supra 242 for example has a production date of Dec. 2011 with model year 12 written as L112. Also has a low serial# at 008 so one of the first off the production line and from what I know, was shown at the boat show for that year.

This is a cool boat! Do you have any other history on it? You mentioned you have the original paperwork on it, is that correct?

What engine do you have in this boat? How many hours are on it? Lastly, if you don't mind, where is it located?

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy View Post
    Mischief IV

I'm a retard to when it comes to working this site or it just doesn't work well on my phone. I added a photo of the HID number into that same album of the boat. The title says sts as well.
    Launching the site from a web browser and dealing with 3rd party sites to post pics is a pain and is not the most modern tech, but there are APPs to help.

As mentioned above, if you mostly use a phone or tablet, look for this to download. It allows you to upload 1 pic per post and does not have the 3rd party cutting and pasting links. Easy peasy.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Mischief,

Thank you for the information. I'm glad to hear that I have composite stringers. That is something that made me nervous because I really would rather not replace all those stringers. I do a ton of paper that the previous owner passed on to me. I haven’t looked through everything yet.
    The history on the boat. I purchase it in 2011 when I joined the Navy after high school. It was purchased through my local marina, so I never had a chance to talk to the previous owner. Down at Braggs marine I had the paint restoration done a few years ago and replaced the carpet which I did myself. Probably next year I’m going to have to pay for the seats to be reupholstered. The engine is a 351 which I’m getting ready to convert over to some type of EFI system. Probably a throttle body injection. Currently the boat is at 390 something hours. I’m located in Klamath falls, Oregon.

Screenshot_20200510-091244_Gallery.jpg

20200509_183014.jpg

This was our trip to lake Shasta (northern cali) yesterday.

MJHknox,
    Thank you for the information about that app. I’m going to have to down load it because I mostly use my phone.

Default I'm old school

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Launching the site from a web browser and dealing with 3rd party sites to post pics is a pain and is not the most modern tech, but there are APPs to help.

As mentioned above, if you mostly use a phone or tablet, look for this to download. It allows you to upload 1 pic per post and does not have the 3rd party cutting and pasting links. Easy peasy.
    Imgur allows me to post 4 LARGER pics on one post making the reading experience much better for all 7 members of this forum that read it.
    Who doesn't love looking at a 5.9" screen when you have two 27" iMacs sitting in front of you at home?

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy View Post
    Mischief,

Thank you for the information. I'm glad to hear that I have composite stringers. That is something that made me nervous because I really would rather not replace all those stringers. I do a ton of paper that the previous owner passed on to me. I haven’t looked through everything yet.
    The history on the boat. I purchase it in 2011 when I joined the Navy after high school. It was purchased through my local marina, so I never had a chance to talk to the previous owner. Down at Braggs marine I had the paint restoration done a few years ago and replaced the carpet which I did myself. Probably next year I’m going to have to pay for the seats to be reupholstered. The engine is a 351 which I’m getting ready to convert over to some type of EFI system. Probably a throttle body injection. Currently the boat is at 390 something hours. I’m located in Klamath falls, Oregon.
    The history makes it all the better and good to know you have a few years history with it already. I like to learn about new things I did not know and I wasn't aware of this boat. Post up the Original Bill of Sale or the Manufacturers Statement of Origin if included in the paperwork if you get a minute. Would love to see them. (would love to see the boat in person but Oregon is too far for me)
    The boat is low hour and looks great so perfect find on your part. Thanks for posting it!

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    for all 7 members of this forum that read it.
    7 members, it's doubled since winter . . . . winning.
    2018 Supra SL400

I'd really like to find an old Comp ts6m dealer poster. Anyone know of one?

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    7 members, it's doubled since winter . . . . winning.
    If it is doubled, what is half of seven again?
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski