Default Thinking about buying a Supra

I am looking at a 15 or newer SG or SE. I'm coming from a Mastercraft. Is there anything to worry about with any year or mechanics? I know for Mastercraft 2012 was a bad year for their computer systems.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

You will find more tech as you move from year-year.

Raptor motors have been solid over the years. They are loud, but you do not hear about failures - as with most brands.
    There are some occasional issues with Cats getting replaced. Computer throwing codes, usually under warranty.

Supra has not had as many computer issues like some of builders. Yes, every now and then a computer will need software upgrade.
    I hear about it's harder to get your newer GoPro synched to the boat on the 2020s - not really that big of a deal.

The SL had alternator wiring issue with the harness on the 19s. Took a little while, but they found the issue and people have been getting the fixed if this affected your model.

SE will need a lot of weight - lead of add'l bags. Big boat. Drives nice. Nice wave for surfing. Never wake-boarded behind one.
    SG will need weight, but not as much as the SE. Wakemakers makes a good ballast bag upgrade - ?1350s?. Then get the upgrade prop too. Surfing and boarding are great. Almost bought one, but went with the SL.
    2018 Supra SL400

Default Thinking about buying a Supra

Quote Originally Posted by dstockton24 View Post
    I'm coming from a Mastercraft.
    In case it helps I went from the X20 to the 2019 SL 400, love it! Chasing the biggest wave, it's huge and long. Also love Auto Wake, the stereo with the extra sub, the dash, the power tower, heated/electric driver seat, theater seat, floor cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EEaston; 04-28-2020 at 12:24 AM.

Is there a big difference between the '15 and '16 SG? I'm thinking my price range is more of a '15. Wondering what kind of wave it throws. I'm coming from an Gen 2 Mastercraft X30 and it's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by dstockton24 View Post
    Is there a big difference between the '15 and '16 SG? I'm thinking my price range is more of a '15. Wondering what kind of wave it throws. I'm coming from an Gen 2 Mastercraft X30 and it's pretty good.

From 15 to 16, The SG’s interior had new finishes, new rear Bimini, JL Audio a lot better than 15s), and redesigned dash. I'm not sure if both years had the rear facing back seat.

The 17s had the first gen autowake. Swell 2.0. Different surf software and screen. Ballast went from 3200 to 3500.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400