Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Supra Wave Hull Decal

Long time member here and still have my 1984 Supra Rider. I recently updated the Supra Wave Hull Decal on my 1984 Supra. Took the time to get this set up as computer file so that I could reproduce it in the future. I think its a little smaller than the original decal but I think the lower profile looks a little more updated. I set this up on ebay for those that may want to update the look of their Supra with the old wave decal. Below is the link if you are interested in learning more and ordering. Also, if you wanted a larger decal to better match the original, I can scale this up. I would need to know how large you would want it. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20-X-6-OEM-...l/264707792133

thanks!
    Dan
    1984 Supra Rider

Do you know where to get the striping?

I recreated the wave graphic. I didn’t try doing the stripes. I could check into this and see what’s involved. The only resource I have for the stripes are the ones on my boat. However, looking at pictures of all the Supra’s it seems there were a lot of variations in size and color. That’s an intriguing question. Let me see what I can find out.
    1984 Supra Rider

Send a message to Mischief IV. He owns a Rider.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by chautauquasun View Post
    Welcome back, been awhile. The wave looks nice although I do prefer the full size wave on mine. Nice job offering it to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagman View Post
    Do you know where to get the striping?
    hullstripes.com first choice for striping. vinylstriping.com second choice but they offer same thing.

When I replaced my stripes on Rider in 2002, they were NOS OEM or so I was told. (Every thing Donny Bennett said from Bennett's Boat repair turned out to be a lie hence the pic posted below of my Rider) That story will be a different thread at some point but if you have a boat done by him, better check your stringers. However, the striping was on one roll and not four separate pieces applied separately.

The blue color that is closest to my Rider is 3M#1016 Now, the Comp blue stripe is tad lighter. 3M#84 or 3M#1015 seems to be a good choice. There is an Olympic Blue that is very close match, not sure of the number, it may be one of the numbers I listed above.

Closest yellow is 3M#1007.

The orange isn't exact but a good orange is 3M#1010. Still working to see if I can find another orange but would be happy with that.

For the red, it will be different between my Rider and Comp. My Rider is a darker red towards burgundy as the Comp is much brighter gelcoat.

To match my Rider, 3M#1013 or 3M#1012 may be best whereas the Comp would be better suited using 3M#76

Attached some photos for your viewing pleasure. The first pic is showing colors that I have matched OEM striping from my Rider. Second pic...half of a Rider showing stripes.
    Comp is currently in process of wet sand and buff and will have original striping put back on soon. Future pics will be on the thread for that boat.

Last edited by Mischief IV; 04-29-2020 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Typo

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Send a message to Mischief IV. He owns a Rider.
    I got you bro.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Thanks for the welcome back. Your Rider looks fantastic. Those stripes are much bigger than mine. I have seen a lot of variations of stipe/name and wave combination. It seems like the factory maybe just used what they had that day. Love your big wave the go well with your larger stripes. My wave is smaller and works well with the smaller stripes.

If have the file in the system and could scale the wave up if someone wanted the larger wave to fit their project.

thanks for sharing. Love old Supras.

Dan
    1984 Supra Rider

Quote Originally Posted by chautauquasun View Post
    Thanks for the welcome back. Your Rider looks fantastic. Those stripes are much bigger than mine. I have seen a lot of variations of stipe/name and wave combination. It seems like the factory maybe just used what they had that day. Love your big wave the go well with your larger stripes. My wave is smaller and works well with the smaller stripes.
    thanks for sharing. Love old Supras.

Dan
    Thanks for the compliment on the Rider, she has seen better days for sure. She’s in a million pieces currently. The last five years have not been kind to her (thanks again Donny Bennett ) even though she is still very much loved as is. She will have her day once again very soon I hope.

The stripes were larger on the 82 and 83 models for sure. Up until ‘86 models you could find large stripes even though they started using smaller stripes once the Comp came out in ‘84. Had to scale down at that point so why not use on the Rider as well. Looks appropriate either way in my opinion.
    I’m still in love with the stripes 37 years later so I guess that is all that matters.
    I like yours too. I didn’t mean to imply I didn’t if that was how it read. Your stripes are still original?
    I am more of a purist when it comes to the striping and most people could care less which is their right but I’m a big fan of the overall design of the boat which includes the stripe.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Hey there, no issue at all didn't take it negatively at all. Thank you for sharing the time line. Mine is an 84 and pretty sure they are all original. not perfect at all any more. The wave I created probably could be a little bigger to match the old one better but was afraid to scale it up too much becasue I wanted it to fit. For those interested, I can scale this up for you if you wanted the larger wave. I would need to know the overall length you need and then it would be scaled proportionately.
    1984 Supra Rider

New updated ebay link to purchase Supra Wave Decal

http://ebay.us/9w8eHU?cmpnId=5338273189
    1984 Supra Rider