Default Battery Relocation 24 Launch SSV

I have been frustrated with my battery location since I bought this boat. They take up valuable space, are very hard to install and remove and create a wiring mess in a very used locker which causes anxiety about shorting or pulling wires out as people remove stuff. So inspired by Rugger, I made the plunge on relocating my batteries under a seat. Below I have included before, during and after pics for your viewing.

I started with spill-proof AGM batteries. I then made some locating blocks to be sure the batteries are sitting where they need to be and cannot move in any direction with just enough space to access the terminals. I then made a block-off plate for under the seat to the forward locker and used it as a mounting block for switch, charger and eventually an isolator. I made sure to router all exposed edges to avoid damage to contacting surfaces and hands. From the factory, the main power and ground cables come under the floor and in the middle of the locker...like literally (you can probably see the hole in one of the after pics). I ran them down the gunnel instead.

Results: much cleaner forward stowage locker, much cleaner and easier to access battery location and I can keep that large cushion in place all the time now (it is hard to remove and install and often times gets damaged from moving it). I have to say this is by far the best upgrade I have done. I have not been out on the water yet, but just looking at it I feel a huge weight off my shoulders. I am waiting on more wire and I will clean up the wiring that is in there so that wiring will look much more organized and less crowded. I have 3 batteries in there now, but I will add a 4th down the road. I also need to run a direct power wire to the starter so I can add the isolator (only have one power that splits at the starter to alternator from factory). I also want to clean up the amp board and hide those wires as well. And eventually put carpet back in on the walls. IMG_1264.jpgIMG_1263.jpgIMG_1193.jpgIMG_0566.jpgIMG_0565.jpg
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV - Indmar 8100/496HO
    - 1235 Prop
    - 1180 center bag and 950 rears
    - Suck gate
    - Big stereo
    - RGB cup holders and drain light

Tow Mule - 2005 Escalade AWD 6.0

More after pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - 1235 Prop
    - Suck gate
    - Big stereo

Good location. I thought about that location on my 22, never got around to it. I also wanted to add a recessed battery switch, something like this. I think the new boats have them now.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I thought about the door as well. But where I put it I think it is out of the way and easy to access. I would only do the door if I wanted to locate it so that you can get to it from the cockpit area and not a locker.
    - 1235 Prop
    - Suck gate
    - Big stereo

Quote Originally Posted by BADS24SSV View Post
    I thought about the door as well. But where I put it I think it is out of the way and easy to access. I would only do the door if I wanted to locate it so that you can get to it from the cockpit area and not a locker.
    Agree. I have seen some mounts under the windshield in the walkway.
    Looked like a good location as long as your leg is not going to bump it walking into the bow.
    2018 Supra SL400