Default 2001 Supra Launch Direct Drive - Size of shaft for new prop?

Dear forum

I am looking at the ACME 543 3 blade but need to know what nut is needed? The option are 1”, 1-1/8, and 1-1/4. I even checked manual and it doesn’t even say shaft size.

Can someone confirm with nut size is needed for me and others?

Thanks
    Tstat
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by tstatton View Post
    Dear forum

I am looking at the ACME 543 3 blade but need to know what nut is needed? The option are 1”, 1-1/8, and 1-1/4. I even checked manual and it doesn’t even say shaft size.

Can someone confirm with nut size is needed for me and others?

Thanks
    Tstat
    I just checked mine (2004 launch SS direct drive) and the shaft diameter going thru the support strut is 1.000. The thread on the very end of the shaft is
    3/4" diameter, 10 threads per inch. Can't guarantee yours is the same though.
    Mine has the original OJ 4-blade.

Thanks for checking. I am assuming it’s a 1 inch on my 2001 and most likely will call my local Supra dealer to confirm. I’ll report back for the board on my 2001 Supra Launch SS.
    Thanks again
    Tstat

I

I have a 2001 Supra Launch DD. Definitely 1 inch.

Don't make the same mistake I did and use a SS nut on a SS drive shaft. Melted together and took forever to cut off. Luckily, I was able to save the threads on the shaft. Pic just for fun.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Great thanks for confirming and not using a Stainless Steel Nut on the SS Direct Drive. I went ahead and ordered the new prop nut from ACME so should be good.
    Love the boat- Thanks for sharing.
    I also for others confirmed through Skiers Choice headquarters.
    Supra Direct Drives - Have 1" shaft
    Supra V Drives - Have 1 1/8" shaft

Hopefully this helps others changing their props.
    Have fun out there
    tstat

Quote Originally Posted by Eurobound View Post
    I have a 2001 Supra Launch DD. Definitely 1 inch.

Don't make the same mistake I did and use a SS nut on a SS drive shaft. Melted together and took forever to cut off. Luckily, I was able to save the threads on the shaft. Pic just for fun.

I like that bracket you have your mirror mounted on. Is that factory? Mine clamps to the top of the windshield. BTW- Nice looking boat.

Quote Originally Posted by secondsupra2004 View Post
    I like that bracket you have your mirror mounted on. Is that factory? Mine clamps to the top of the windshield. BTW- Nice looking boat.
    Thanks for the compliment. We turned a lemon into lemonade. I've put a lot of time into my boat. Love the boat now that it's fixed up (mostly). I have no idea if that bracket is stock. The boat is from Florida and there was one owner here in BC before me. There seems to be things like the wake tower that are not original and the mirror bracket is possibly aftermarket as well.