Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Supra comp convertion to EFI

Has anyone converted there 351 carb to some type of EFI. I seen some kits online that looked like they might work. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with this process. I am hoping to convert my boat to EFI sometime this summer.

https://www.holley.com/products/mari...parts/550-872K

https://www.holley.com/products/mari.../parts/550-511

https://www.jegs.com/i/FAST/244/30227-06KIT/10002/-1

What year and model boat do you have. Why do you want to convert it?

It's a 1995. To be honest I prefer efi that's the main reason for the switch. There is a decent variation in the lake altitudes we go to during the summer any where from 1500ft to 6000ft. I don't have any issue with the carb, but I like the ease of efi. I am just curious if anyone has actually done it and if so do they have a recommended kit that works well. I have been considering the holly kit for my conversion this summer.
    Last edited by Stacy; 05-08-2020 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy View Post
    It's a 1995. To be honest I prefer efi that's the main reason for the switch. There is a decent variation in the lake altitudes we go to during the summer any where from 1500ft to 6000ft. I don't have any issue with the carb, but I like the ease of efi. I am just curious if anyone has actually done it and if so do they have a recommended kit that works well. I have been considering the holly kit for my conversion this summer.
    I'm doing the same. I hear there is no place to put the O2 sensor needed for tuning. Following...watch my post too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stringcheese View Post
    I'm doing the same. I hear there is no place to put the O2 sensor needed for tuning. Following...watch my post too.

There is a thread in the Moomba forum and they said they installed the Holley Sniper setup on an older SkiRay. Said it worked good for him. I asked him how he was able to calibrate without the O2 sensor. He hasn't replied back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by secondsupra2004 View Post
    There is a thread in the Moomba forum and they said they installed the Holley Sniper setup on an older SkiRay. Said it worked good for him. I asked him how he was able to calibrate without the O2 sensor. He hasn't replied back yet.
    Okay, thanks. I'll check it out in a bit.

I used the fast EFI Retro kit. Runs the best ever. Going on the 4 years.20160326_091601.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is how i installed the O2 censer20160326_091548.jpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagman View Post
    This is how i installed the O2 censer20160326_091548.jpg.
    Makes sense. I read on a few other sites where people have had problems with adding O2 sensors and having the sensor fail due to steam/moisture rising up to the sensor after the engine shuts off. Good to know you've had (4) years service with no problems.

Thank you guys for the information and sorry I have not been on in a while to reply. On that O2 sensor, did you just drill and tap it or did you make a spacer that is drilled and tapped?