Thread: Supra Legacy

Default Supra Legacy

Hi.
    I've got a "cherry" (don't we all?) 1998 Legacy that was stored for ten years in my basement, trailer on blocks. It has about 100 hours on it, Indmar-Holley fueled motor. It was properly "put away" for storage back then and in the past month I've retrieved it, had all the filters, oils, electrics, stuffing box, etc. redone in preparation for sale. I hate, I mean really hate to sell it, but life is what it is. I've recently taken it out on the lake I live on and it still runs like a champ and feels like it'll pull stumps out. I also have a load of stuff like an Air Chair, (3) Slaloms (Andy Mapple- O'Brien is the newest, others are EP), Tricks, some junk skis, a couple of tubes, Knee Boards, (2) water bags and a Pylon Pole Extension for Wake Boarding, anchor, new extinguisher, etc.. Boat is on a garage kept Supra-Boatmate Trailer (Title in hand) with inertia brake and nibs still on the spare (didn't trailer it much at all). Tires are in excellent condition.

Condition of the boat, gel coat and interior is very good to excellent. The carpet shows some light matting, but nothing "bad" or worn, so I'd say it's very good. Upholstery is perfect I'd say. The upper side of the tip of the bow has a few inches of cracking where my wife tapped our dock when it was brand new, but it's pretty much cosmetic. Gel Coat is not faded, Motor runs good, new wires, plugs, cap, etc.. The original Supra cover is intact, a few small perimeter tears. The whole thing is basically ready to hook up, drop in a lake and start skiing.

Preceding is not all-inclusive, but you get the idea, this setup was meticulously taken care of, lightly used and stored properly year after year. I have the original C.O. (back in the day we special ordered it from the factory in Maryville and picked it up at a Dealer there), but it hasn't been registered here in North Carolina since 2017. I got tired of paying 3-year registrations, insurance, etc. while it was sitting in my basement not being used, so I let that lapse. As I said, I do have the original C.O. and a number of expired registrations. I also have all the original manuals, paperwork, etc..

I realize it's a 1998 (late that year by the time U.M. got it built), so "Joe Average" would try to get it for nothing and just waste my time. I'm not gonna give it away cause it doesn't cost me anything now and I can just put it back in my basement. Someone that knows boats (buying and selling), I figured like a lot of you probably know Supras, might be able to appreciate this gem. So my question to you is, what's the best outlet for me to sell my treasure on? Here? I've looked at Boats.com, Boat Trader, thought about Craig's List (ughhh) and perhaps Facebook M/P (blah). I also know there's a Ski Club in Charlotte, which isn't too far, but I don't know any of them.

Thanks for your time.
    IMG_1636.jpg

Yeah, too bad you wanna sell it, sounds like a keeper to me.

I would try onlyinboards.com or ski-it-again.com (endless summer, Boats- 3 events) over CL.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Thanks!
    Really don’t want to sell, but I’ve been hanging onto it without any use.

How much do you want for it?