After having engine trouble last year and no luck selling the boat as-is, I decided to pull my motor and rebuild/replace. My boat sits way out in my backyard under shrink-wrap and looking at it everyday motivated me to make time to fix it. I have a little extra free time thanks to the COVID crisis. This past Thursday I pulled it out and disconnected everything in preparation to remove on Friday. The engine was removed this past Friday after work was done for the day. I set the engine in the back of my pickup and brought it home and tore it all down by 7pm that evening. I discovered that my block was cracked pretty bad between cylinders 6 & 7. The only reason I can think this occurred was due to poor winterization and/or a stuck thermostat. I winterize it myself....Shit happens. I'll be purchasing a new logo block this week and swapping all components over to the new motor. I also need to rebuild the wire harness at some point sooner than later as two main wires (I forget which ones) have some resistance in them when I ohm them out.

Pictures of the process too follow.