Default What is the best wake shaping wedge?

Its time for me to buy a new one. Any thoughts?
    2005 24SSV Gravity Games Edition
    Lake Lewisville/ Lake Leon

Default What is the best wake shaping wedge?

What are you using now?

That answer depends I who you talk to. There are some good used-ones floating around when people are upgrading to boats with surf systems.

The newer ones float. Big plus.

Some are made thinner/skinny and will shape towards curved hulls.

There is a guy on FBook selling double-shapers, one at the transom, one mid-ship. Surf Mode. Not many bad reviews on that.

There is a guy that sells one called Inland Curl. Works well and a few guys on here use them. Stays on the boat. Good price. Guy has a web site, FBook page, and eBay.

Nauticurl makes a good one. They have been selling them for awhile. Not many complaints. Good customer service.

Wakesurf Edge Pro makes a good one. This one has a curve to it. Supposed to stay on the boat pretty good. Popular on FBook.

Last two can start to get pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 05-17-2020 at 01:40 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

They're all good. Even a $40 DIY. Doubt you'd notice much difference one to another.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    They're all good. Even a $40 DIY. Doubt you'd notice much difference one to another.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    True. All the same principle.

There was a YouTube video floating around (years ago) on someone who did a comparison of 3-4 models. They all looked the same to me - reg and goofy.

Someone else was just posting videos on social media about the size of the face. - big vs small on a 21-22’ BU boat. Not much of a difference.

2018 Supra SL400

I have used a DIY and I use the Wakesurf Edge. No difference in either one as far as the wave is concerned. I think adding a second has some better results but I’m not wanting any more turning tendencies and drag. I’m already burning a crap load of fuel. The difference between the devices will lie in the quality of the suction cups and staying on your boat.

I use a Nauticurl on my boat and it works really well. It was a mid ground cost wise versus buying the expensive ones or trying to make my own. It floats if comes loose which is nice, although it has never come loose. It really makes a big difference in shaping the wave.