I have a 1984 Supra Rider with 351w with prestolite distributor (I think this is original). About 3 years ago I replaced the points, condenser and cap. Went to fire up the boat after its long winters nap this weekend and couldn't get it to fire. Have spark and fuel but the spark at the plug looks weak. I replaced the coil which had a lifetime warranty but no luck. I am still running points and condenser and suspect I need to replace both. I saw a very weak and intermittent spark between the points. I have delayed putting in an electronic ignition for years but I think it is time to do the upgrade.

I wanted to check with those on here that are running a 351 that have made the change. Do you have any recommendations on what distributor to go with. I am thinking of replacing everything as I suspect the original distributor is worn. Looked at a Petronix Flame Thrower plug and play and saw people had mixed reviews on here about them and their products. Price looks good. I am looking for a good solution with strong tech support as I am not an expert at wiring and dealing with PO wire jobs and not sure what is correct.

I welcome your recommendations!

thanks
Dan