Default Supra SA Interior Room

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and looking for some help. I am interested in purchasing a Supra SR400 and would love some feedback in terms of how roomy the interior is. Unfortunately my local dealer in Southern California does not have any in stock to show me. The price point is within my budget but I really would like to know how roomy it is before pulling the trigger.

If any of you own or have been in an SR, I would appreciate your feedback. We typically go boating with just my wife and two young children, and sometimes bring another family with 2 more adults and 2 more children. I know it won't be anything like a big 23 footer, but just wondering what your feedback is if you've been in one.

If by chance any of you have an SR and live in So Cal I would love to check out your boat. I'd bring a case of beer of course

---
    Currently own a 2004 Tige 21i rated for 10 passengers to put it in perspective.

According to the specs, you can fit 14 people on the SR. 21' boat.

When I have been that boat (I do not own one), i would say:
    * Bow Area can fit 3-4 kids or 2 adults.
    * Back Area can fit 6-8 adults w/o feeling too cramped, 8 is getting crowded. Can you put more - sure. Will you be bumping into people and constantly moving around people - yes.

I think with your scenario - 4 adults and 4 kids + coolers and gear, you should be good.

The SA model feels a lot bigger. A lot more bow space.
    The SL model also feels a lot bigger. A lot more space in the back.
    2018 Supra SL400

Thanks MJHKnox. I would love to get into an SA or SL, but compared to the SR I'm looking at it's an additional $30-40k. That blows me out of my budget

I wish I could sit in an SR without having to travel cross country to check it out. Anyone else own an SR or have been in one? Again, if any of you are in So Cal and wouldn't mind me swinging by to check out your boat I would be super grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ado23 View Post
    I wish I could sit in an SR without having to travel cross country to check it out. Anyone else own an SR or have been in one? Again, if any of you are in So Cal and wouldn't mind me swinging by to check out your boat I would be super grateful.
    Are you on Facebook? There are 10k members on there. Very active for posts. If there is a method to find someone in SoCal, that would be the best chance of finding someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Ado23 View Post
    Thanks MJHKnox. I would love to get into an SA or SL, but compared to the SR I'm looking at it's an additional $30-40k. That blows me out of my budget

One other note, your ballast bags will take up room in the back lockers. Disadvantage on loosing storage on a 21' boat. But not that big of a deal on your number of adults and kids.

Most people are using a cooler that sits in the middle of the floor. Works great and doubles as a table. Reason I'm saying that, be careful of people telling you they put 8 or 10+ adults and they are comfortable all day with everyone's gear too when trying to surf.

If you are buying new, this model might be redesigned this year or next. Just so you know. Supra has a cycle on when they redesign boats each year, SR one year, SL the next year, SE the next year (2019), SA the next year (this was the last one to be redone in 2020). Sometimes it's a new model, in the 21 foot line, they replaced the SC with the ST model. Sometimes it's the same model, but just a 'redo' of new functions and features.

Facebook people will probably be telling you the same thing. Good luck with your boat hunting adventure.
    2018 Supra SL400

I was in the same situation as you in 2018 in wanting the size of an SA but the price hike was huge so we bought the 2018 SR. We have my wife and I, 3 kids and 2 dogs and the SR is good for that. I have had as many as 11 in the boat but once you get past 8 people (4 adults), I think it is to much for comfort. Make sure you get the bow filler cushion as we never take that out and 3 adults in the bow is possible if watching the surfers. Good news is 8 people In the SR makes a great wave. We have 400 pounds of led as well and are able to use that, full ballast and a crew of 8 no problem. If you are wanting the SA, that is an awesome boat and likely our next one in a year or two. The 2020 model with sub floor ballast is awesome. You could look at a slightly used 2018 or 2019 SA as well which will have the same finish as an SR and price is closer...maybe $10-$20K more.

You should definitely look at a leftover or almost-new 2019 SA. It'll have pretty much the same features as a 2020 SR, but way more room and easier resale down the road if/when you want to sell.

On the FB page, most Supra posts are about the SA and SL, followed by SE. Rarely see anything about the SR.