Default 2019 Supra SA 400 tips

Hey all, I recently picked up a 2019 Supra SA 400 with 17 hours on it. Looking to take it on its maiden voyage this coming week and I’m wondering, what are the essentials in terms of settings to get a great Wakesurf wave out of it? Any information is much appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by morganleemaster View Post
    Hey all, I recently picked up a 2019 Supra SA 400 with 17 hours on it. Looking to take it on its maiden voyage this coming week and I’m wondering, what are the essentials in terms of settings to get a great Wakesurf wave out of it? Any information is much appreciated.

Thanks

Factory settings are good right out of the box. There are some good videos about auto-wake and how to use it. There are a few variables, so it can get tricky.

Overall, if fill the nose/belly to nose/belly to 100%. Non-surf side to about 85-95%. Some of this depends our your crew size. Speed is around 11-11.5mph and surf tab is probably around 60-70 for reg or goofy. You can use the autowake buttons w/o actually turning on the system. That is what I do try to achieve around 9-9.5 pitch and 2.5-4' roll.

You can get a good surf wave out of the box, but I would add weight Adding 500# of lead will help you with pitch roll settings and moving weight around quick. Or can you start to add more, like 1000# are your wave will be crazy big. One of my friends runs 750#, surf regular, 300 underneath the port rear locker bag, 150 in the back corner of the rear surf locker, 200 up in the bow underneath the bow filler cushion and 100 underneath the starboard rear locker bag.

Lots of info on Facebook about people trying other setups.

Good luck.
    2018 Supra SL400

Agree, factory wakesurf2 is my go to setting on the SA.

Fill ballast to 100% and then turn on Autowake wakesurf 2.

It might dump some non surf side ballast, if it does, move a crew member to the non surf side OR move some lead to non surf side.

As mentioned great out of the box wave, incredible with a bigger crew or adding 500# lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Arizona View Post

It might dump some non surf side ballast, if it does, move a crew member to the non surf side OR move some lead to non surf side.

As mentioned great out of the box wave, incredible with a bigger crew or adding 500# lead.

EDIT: I misspoke, if your non surf side dumps ballast, add a person or lead to the surf side, the will cause more roll than you need and Autowake will refill non surf side ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Arizona View Post

If I’m understanding this right, you manually fill the ballast, but then turn on autowake to achieve pitch, roll, etc. Also, my idiot self messed with the factory settings in such a way that I lost them. What are they?

Default 2019 Supra SA 400 tips

Last edited by Larry Arizona; 06-15-2020 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Updated pics