Default 87 SunSport - problems with switches and throttle assembly

I just purchased an '87 SunSport (open bow). It's completely original (other than an exhaust modification) and in decent shape with 575 hours.

I do have two issues I'm trying to resolve, and would appreciate any insights you can share.

#1. -- After 33 years, it's amazing that all but one of my switches is working. I would like to be prepared for the time when others stop working. Has anyone found a source for this type of switch? Or is the best course of action to install new switches and a separate fuse box?

#2. -- Periodically, the boat will not start due to an issue within the throttle assembly. A few light wacks and some jiggling of the neutral knob usually does the trick. I've run into this on other ski boats as well, but the boats weren't mine so I never worried about how to fix the problem. Any suggestions for where to start?

Many thanks!IMG_2250.jpg

Skidim .com is a good source for the switches and almost every other thing on that boat. Check the trans cable adjustment and neutral safety switch on the transmission.