Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Do not get anything previous to '18. The added weight in the back bags as well as the different surf system are a crazy difference when you are actually behind the boat! With that also being said. I want a 2020 with the new changes so I have an 18' for sale, but I'm not gonna lie. It has some HOURS, but you still got 4 more years of warranty.

The FXONE towers are awesome too 2018+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJWilson22 View Post
    Do not get anything previous to '18. The added weight in the back bags as well as the different surf system are a crazy difference when you are actually behind the boat! With that also being said. I want a 2020 with the new changes so I have an 18' for sale, but I'm not gonna lie. It has some HOURS, but you still got 4 more years of warranty.
    Post it on Facebook and Onlyinboards with a price. Be honest with people on what you want out of it. Now is the time to be selling before the 2021s come out. The market/region will tell you what people would be willing to pay for higher hour boat.

With high hours, people will try to beat you down on price. Tough decision on what to settle for. Trade-In will not work for you - it feels more insulting.

Most used boat buyers would be looking at a 2018 with 200-300 hours based on 100-150 per season. So a buyer is going to want to have some type of discount if you are talking about 700-800 hours. Hours are not that scary for some buyers that are not planning on flipping the boat in a few years if you keep good records.

Sometimes I wonder how this can happen, probably life events: someone was listing a 2019 Moomba Makai (CO) with 15 hours. There was a 2019 Supra SL with 14 hours. Granted both of these would be on the top-shelf of the used boat price scale.

Good luck. I will look for it on Facebook.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Post it on Facebook and Onlyinboards with a price. Be honest with people on what you want out of it. Now is the time to be selling before the 2021s come out. The market/region will tell you what people would be willing to pay for higher hour boat.

With high hours, people will try to beat you down on price. Tough decision on what to settle for. Trade-In will not work for you - it feels more insulting.

Most used boat buyers would be looking at a 2018 with 200-300 hours based on 100-150 per season. So a buyer is going to want to have some type of discount if you are talking about 700-800 hours. Hours are not that scary for some buyers that are not planning on flipping the boat in a few years if you keep good records.

Sometimes I wonder how this can happen, probably life events: someone was listing a 2019 Moomba Makai (CO) with 15 hours. There was a 2019 Supra SL with 14 hours. Granted both of these would be on the top-shelf of the used boat price scale.

Good luck. I will look for it on Facebook.
    I wonder the same thing. Bought a 2019 SA400 with 17 hours. Who knows but I’ll take it. New for the price of used.

Default SA changes/differences?

I think there is considerable buyers remorse with wakeboats.

Someone wants the biggest and best and realize they are over their heads pulling tubes.

It’s a big commitment.

I always feel for the new guy at the launch with a $140k wakeboat trying time back it in. It’s a humbling experience and sometimes to great of one.

Last edited by Larry Arizona; 06-11-2020 at 08:28 PM.

True. I know this is off topic but what are y’alls thoughts on storage. I’ve been trailering it for two years and keeping it in a covered storage 3 minutes from my lake at about 100/month. Unfortunately, the new boat doesnt fit into the slot so it’s time to get a new one. I could get another covered storage at 125/month and be on the marina we launch at or I could look into other options such as dry stacks, lifts, etc. thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJWilson22 View Post
    John, i sent you a pm.