Default Looking at 2013 Supra SSV22 - 3 Questions

Hey everyone, new member here, possibly new Supra owner. I am looking at a 2013 Supra SSv22, in very good condition, with less than 100 hours. Asking is $70K CAD, which is about $52K USD, which may be a bit high, but pretty close I think. There aren't a lot of comparable on the market to spot check this price. I have a few questions for those of you who would graciously take the time to answer:

I grew up boating, competed wakeboarding, etc. so I like the versatility of this wake. However, my wife will likely only be surfing, and is a brand new beginner, and from my research, this surf wave isn't the best. The listing says it only has 1200lbs of ballast. I have read this forum and there are ways to upgrade, which I would do, but I do not want bags sitting out, only the hidden ones.
    1) Is this wake good enough for beginner surfing, with an upgraded ballast/wake shaper and prop? Or will I be disappointed after spending $70K?
    2) Is it easy to buy the filler cushion from the manufacturer/a dealer?
    3) I'm told the boat had a $12K "boat life" package which came with sound system, digital dash, surf system, etc. but I can not find anything about this online. Any insight?

Thank you so much. We have a new baby and I am so excited to have him grow up as a boat baby like I did, if this works out.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckflyhigh View Post
    Hey everyone, new member here, possibly new Supra owner. I am looking at a 2013 Supra SSv22, in very good condition, with less than 100 hours. Asking is $70K CAD, which is about $52K USD, which may be a bit high, but pretty close I think. There aren't a lot of comparable on the market to spot check this price. I have a few questions for those of you who would graciously take the time to answer:

I grew up boating, competed wakeboarding, etc. so I like the versatility of this wake. However, my wife will likely only be surfing, and is a brand new beginner, and from my research, this surf wave isn't the best. The listing says it only has 1200lbs of ballast. I have read this forum and there are ways to upgrade, which I would do, but I do not want bags sitting out, only the hidden ones.
    1) Is this wake good enough for beginner surfing, with an upgraded ballast/wake shaper and prop? Or will I be disappointed after spending $70K?
    2) Is it easy to buy the filler cushion from the manufacturer/a dealer?
    3) I'm told the boat had a $12K "boat life" package which came with sound system, digital dash, surf system, etc. but I can not find anything about this online. Any insight?

Thank you so much. We have a new baby and I am so excited to have him grow up as a boat baby like I did, if this works out.
    I posted a reply in the Moomba Forum for you.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400