Default Closing the deal on friday!!!

Well my son and I both wanted to get out pilot's licenses and my son finished his and I'm about half way on mine. We bought a plane and upgraded it and then got an offer we couldn't refuse. Was planning to buy another plane but the SWMBO said she and the others wanted a boat. After looking for several weeks and coming up empty on the right deal we should be closing on a 2008 22 SSV on friday. The current owners did the wakemakers gravity 3 upgrade, has a bimini, wet sounds and a few other goodies. We plan on mostly surfing but will have some time wakeboarding and kneeboarding as well. Look forwrd to getting her dialed in and learning what we can from the forum. We are up on Grand Loke O' the Cherokee in NE Oklahoma.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Creekrat View Post
    Well my son and I both wanted to get out pilot's licenses and my son finished his and I'm about half way on mine. We bought a plane and upgraded it and then got an offer we couldn't refuse. Was planning to buy another plane but the SWMBO said she and the others wanted a boat. After looking for several weeks and coming up empty on the right deal we should be closing on a 2008 22 SSV on friday. The current owners did the wakemakers gravity 3 upgrade, has a bimini, wet sounds and a few other goodies. We plan on mostly surfing but will have some time wakeboarding and kneeboarding as well. Look forwrd to getting her dialed in and learning what we can from the forum. We are up on Grand Loke O' the Cherokee in NE Oklahoma.

Paul
    Let me know. I had the 2007 22 SSV and did a ton of upgrades over the years.
    2018 Supra SL400

Close on the loan in the morning and pick her up in the afternoon. Just a few minor things that we want to work on. The depth finder/water temp/air temp doesn’t read correctly and the trim tab actuator doesn’t actuate. I’ll have to check the fluid level and make sure the cylinder is free

Good deal. Somebody else was just posting some questions about that model on the Moomba Forum.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Well we got her out this weekend and myself and both boys were able to go ropeless. Unfortunately our tower speakers are the pro 60s and the surrounds are shot. Considering just getting a kit and replacing the surrounds and in the off season getting a 410 and it’s own amp. We loaded up with 11 people yesterday and tried to wakeboard but the boat struggled getting up to speed. Checked the prop today and that thing needs to be swapped out. It’s a 4 blade OJ 13.7 x 17.5. No wonder we couldn’t get up to speed. Calling nettles and OJ today but it appears something close to the acme 1617 is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Creekrat View Post
    Well we got her out this weekend and myself and both boys were able to go ropeless. Unfortunately our tower speakers are the pro 60s and the surrounds are shot. Considering just getting a kit and replacing the surrounds and in the off season getting a 410 and it’s own amp. We loaded up with 11 people yesterday and tried to wakeboard but the boat struggled getting up to speed. Checked the prop today and that thing needs to be swapped out. It’s a 4 blade OJ 13.7 x 17.5. No wonder we couldn’t get up to speed. Calling nettles and OJ today but it appears something close to the acme 1617 is in order.
    The medium prop selection (upgraded from the original) would have been the Acme 1433 14" x 14.25"
    The high altitude prop is the Acme 1617 14" x 13.75"

Did you run your boat with 3-4 people at close to WOT with the 13.7" x 17.5"? Just wondering your RPMs and speed.
    2018 Supra SL400

With some throttle left we were going about 37 mph at 3100 rpm