Question The realistic life of boat tech

Hello all, just picked up my first inboard boat and I love it. My 1993 Supra Sunsport was very well cared for and although she had a few minor issues with the horn, lights, and radio, the boat runs like new. Being a 93, it is the Pro Boss 5.7, and is very simple in nature as it was well before our computerized generations. (Almost) anything that goes wrong I will be able to fix myself as long as parts are avalible, which most things are.

I have a cracked windshield and short of finding someone parting out their boat, I have no replacement options for anything less than 5 grand because it is such a specic application and nobody has these parts for a 27 year old boat. So heres the question, with all the model specific technology and parts on the new boats, will today's boats be worth anything 20 years down the road? Once your computers and touch screens go out, will anybody have them on the shelf for replacement?

20200526_191900.jpg20200527_183032.jpg

You have the Protec ignition system if it fails the parts are no longer available. The good news is you can install a HEI distributor and you are good to go. As for the floating space ships they build today good luck finding electronic parts in 10 plus years .