Default 1988 Supra Comp TS6M sank (accidentally)

Dear Forum:

I have (had) a 1988 Supra TS6M with 935 hours that struck a rock and sank in a few feet of freshwater before she was recovered the following morning. The hull was breached right in front of the fore tracking fin and the force of the impact partially drove that first fin into the boat & damaged the second fin ... the 3rd fin is untouched. Rudder & prop remain on the boat and are relatively undamaged due to the main force of the impact being towards the middle of the hull where the tracking fins are located. Fortunately no one was seriously injured in the accident.

Water was immediately evacuated from the Ford 351 engine & transmission; the drivetrain was salvaged by a professional boat mechanic.

My question: do you think the damaged hull, intact but once-submersed drivetrain & trailer are of interest to anyone? If so I will post photos.

The boat is located in Old Forge, NY.

Thank you, Doug

Quote Originally Posted by haderondah View Post
    Dear Forum:

I have (had) a 1988 Supra TS6M with 935 hours that struck a rock and sank in a few feet of freshwater before she was recovered the following morning. The hull was breached right in front of the fore tracking fin and the force of the impact partially drove that first fin into the boat & damaged the second fin ... the 3rd fin is untouched. Rudder & prop remain on the boat and are relatively undamaged due to the main force of the impact being towards the middle of the hull where the tracking fins are located. Fortunately no one was seriously injured in the accident.

Water was immediately evacuated from the Ford 351 engine & transmission; the drivetrain was salvaged by a professional boat mechanic.

My question: do you think the damaged hull, intact but once-submersed drivetrain & trailer are of interest to anyone? If so I will post photos.

Thank you, Doug
    Sorry to hear about this. Glad everyone was ok.

I just bought a tranny out of a Comp that was destroyed by a 100 foot pine tree falling on it so there are always opportunities to find buyers needing parts and pieces to keep other old Comps running for years to come. Sounds like a low hour boat and someone may just find the part they need. I feel for you though and I'd hate to lose my old Comp like that.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

I am only a couple hours away from you in Saratoga cool to see someone so close. We ride sleds in OF
    I will keep my ears open for anyone looking for parts over this way.

I have a 85 intact comp hull it will need stringers but you can have it for free

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    I have a 85 intact comp hull it will need stringers but you can have it for free
    You don't hear that everyday . . . . have it for free.
    2018 Supra SL400

Default Interior?

Quote Originally Posted by haderondah View Post
    Dear Forum:

Thank you, Doug
    Do you have the interior?