Default Service required???

So we have a 208 Sunsport 22v that performs great 80% of the time. We go out 2 evenings during the week and 1 day on the weekend. On the week nights we go from 5pm until about 930-10 and on the weekends we’re in the water by 11 or so. On the weekend days we can go for several hours and we then get a “Service Required” message on the helm data center. Volts are 13.0-13.5 while running and temp and oil pressures are good. If we cycle it a few times it will go away but the moment we go to pull a boarder it pops up again and kills the throttle. The boat currently has 700 hours on it. Also, it currently has a 13.7x17.5 prop on it so I know it’s struggling when we’re weighed down. We have an acme 1617 being delivered tomorrow, Monday. Does anyone have any insight on issues similar to these?
    Last edited by Creekrat; 06-29-2020 at 12:37 PM.
    2008 Sunsport 22v

Does it list any trouble codes? Should be an SPN number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not seeing anywhere I can retrieve those codes. It has the indmar assault 335 which has the MEFI protocol and I can’t find anyone around NE OK to even scan the thing. I’ll do the maintenance, I just need someone to scan it that way I’m not just throwing parts at it as opposed to fixing the issue the first time.

2008 Sunsport 22v

Quote Originally Posted by Creekrat View Post
    I’m not seeing anywhere I can retrieve those codes. It has the indmar assault 335 which has the MEFI protocol and I can’t find anyone around NE OK to even scan the thing. I’ll do the maintenance, I just need someone to scan it that way I’m not just throwing parts at it as opposed to fixing the issue the first time.

I had the same issue with my 04'. I bought a scanner from Rinda technologies($499.00). It works great and is very similar to an automotive scanner. They also sell a simple code reader for around $60.00. It will pull the codes. You will need a list of trouble code to know where the problem is. Most internet searches will give you what you need. Someone else on the forum might already have them for that year. I think that model has a MEFI-6 ECM. Not sure if the codes for mine are the same (MEFI-4).

Unfortunately they don’t have the “simple” code reader for the mefi 5.

2008 Sunsport 22v

Quote Originally Posted by Creekrat View Post
    Unfortunately they don’t have the “simple” code reader for the mefi 5.

Oh No. If your were near St. Louis, I'd run it for you.

Want to make a weekend trip to Grand Lake O’ the Cherokee? Lol

2008 Sunsport 22v

Default Service required???

I was able to dig up the manual from indmar for our engine, Assault 325, and it is not showing a part number for oxygen sensors so I’m going to fancy a guess that it does not have them.

On a brighter note, we get to test out our new acme 1617 this evening

2008 Sunsport 22v

Well we put in today about 0900 and just pulled out at 1815. Never once had the service required message. We may have been running too much weight for the prop we had on it and causing the trans or v drive to overheat.
    2008 Sunsport 22v