Default 2001 Supra Launch wont start

Boat ran hot last weekend. Shut it off, got towed to the slip. This week, I Changed impeller, now it doesn't start. Fuel pump sounds like it is working. TBI jets are spraying gas into the carb.
    It turns over without any sign that it might start. I checked compression. between 180 and 200 on every cylinder. No water in oil. No weird sounds when cranking. Cranks strong. Just not firing. any help is appreciated. Boat ran really well all summer last year and 5 times out this year, until the over heating. Almost like 2 different boats... Help

-Roll

[QUOTE=Rolltrain;136380]Boat ran hot last weekend. Shut it off, got towed to the slip. This week, I Changed impeller, now it doesn't start. Fuel pump sounds like it is working. TBI jets are spraying gas into the carb.
    It turns over without any sign that it might start. I checked compression. between 180 and 200 on every cylinder. No water in oil. No weird sounds when cranking. Cranks strong. Just not firing. any help is appreciated. Boat ran really well all summer last year and 5 times out this year, until the over heating. Almost like 2 different boats

Pull a wire and check spark. Maybe the ignition coil got overheated and is possibly bad.

Stupid question. How do I check the spark? There is one wire that doesn't seem to "pop" on to the place. It just seems to sit on the plug.

Pull the #1 spark plug out of the head, and put the spark plug wire back on the plug. Make sure you use an insulated pair of pliers, and while someone cranks the engine for you, touch the spark plug to the head and watch for spark at the electrode. Sounds like a new set of spark plug wires would be a good investment if they won't stay on the plugs.

Ahhh... memories! As I read your post, I had vivid recollection of my stepdad doing this exact thing to a bunch of old hot-rods he used to work on back in the mid 70's. Feel silly for asking, now.
    Thanks for your post!