Default Supra mariah 351 Won't stop rolling over.

Supra won't stop rolling over. Even if I push the dash switch to shut everything off. Have to pull batter terminal. Would this be the starter relay? Relay was new last summer. In addition to putting octane booster in on spring start up (which does the trick to first run) boat won't start or try.

Quote Originally Posted by Grillzy View Post
    Supra won't stop rolling over. Even if I push the dash switch to shut everything off. Have to pull batter terminal. Would this be the starter relay? Relay was new last summer. In addition to putting octane booster in on spring start up (which does the trick to first run) boat won't start or try.
    Had the same problem on my 89’ Supra, 351. Contacts in the solenoid fused and it kept running.
    Went ahead and replaced the starter. New starter lasted close to 20 years.
    Bought it thru Discount inboard Marine.

If you replace the relay you must get a high quality heavy duty relay. The stuff sold at the big box auto parts stores are junk. I replaced the starters on two of my Supras with a gear reduction starter Both are working fine .

Michael,
    Did you replace the starter on the 84? Or your other 2?

Quote Originally Posted by hoop46 View Post
    Michael,
    Did you replace the starter on the 84? Or your other 2?
    I don't remember just look at the starter if the relay is on the starter then yes.